Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2021 2:47:15 PM EDT
I have a YHM .30, and so far I love the suppressed life.
I'd really like to get one for my hand guns and PCCs now.

.45 seems most logical, but I'm having a hard time finding anything in a reasonable price range that's in stock.
I'd really like to keep with YHM since that's what I have, but I don't really care.

I've tried countless searches but I'm having trouble finding any off brand suppressors that'll meet my needs.

I did find Witt Machine and Tool, which does have fairly affordable can in .45, but after emailing the company found it would not work on a handgun (specifically a 1911). I'm not sure why, but they are geared towards PCCs.

Anybody know of any affordable options (sub $500) for a .45 can? I'd prefer a "K" model but at this point I'll take what I can get.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Rex MG7 or Seg H.
https://rexsilentium.com/SEG-H-GEN2-Multi-Length-45cal-Pistol-Suppressor-p255703104

https://rexsilentium.com/MG7-K-Rifle-Suppressor-458-p148926773
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are not in a hurry and willing to wait, I would watch sales during the big holidays.  I picked up a Deadair Ghost for $400 during one of their sales.  I had to buy a Mask as well, but 2 solid suppressors for $800 is a great deal.  Ive seen some other rebates and such that put some of the pistol cal units in the $500s or lower.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes you can find deals on SiCo Omega 45k or Octane 45.  Obsidian 45 or Griffin Revolution can get you modular and IIRC with Griffin limited centerfire rifle use.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to be a dick or GD about this but when you are paying $200 in tax I think getting a cheap can is throwing money away (assuming you basically get what you pay for).

Consider upping the budget to just get whatever it takes to make you happy given the tax rate given price math.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I fully understand wanting/needing to stay within a budget. The thing is, the budget you mentioned is only about $100 shy of getting you a better can. I just saw a SilencerCO Octane 45 version 2.0 in a LGS for a $90 over your stated budget. I also paid $50 over your stated budget for a CGS pistol can a year ago from an online dealer. Since you're so close to $600, I say just be patient.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Copy.
Sucks you can't submit paperwork before you have a specific can picked out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up my Octane .45 2.0 for $499 last November.

I went with a trust, so that added to the cost, but OTD with can, booster, trust and stamp was $950.

ETA:

Its on backorder for the same price on Silencer Shop, which is where I purchased from. They do come in stock from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SS has the Octane 45 for $499 in stock.

https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/silencerco-octane-45-hd.html
View Quote

Keep in mind no piston is included with the Octane at the price
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang, if that's the case better off just get a Rugged Obsidian 45.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just go with Griffin Cam Lok piston and put muzzle adapters on hosts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Can anyone explain to me the piston thing, or point me in the direction of an explanation.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can anyone explain to me the piston thing, or point me in the direction of an explanation.
View Quote

the piston is what threads onto your barrel and adapts your barrel to the suppressor. the piston is part of the booster device of a suppressor, along w/ the spring and the rest of the booster assembly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
The piston is the part of a Linear Inertial Decoupler (at the rear of the pistol can) that threads onto the muzzle. LID is also called a Nielsen Device or booster. It’s job is to decouple the inertia of the suppressor from the barrel so that the barrel can tilt as the action opens.  Otherwise a fixed can’s weight would apply leverage against barrel tilt and unlocking. Essentially on firing the can slides forward on the piston. It’s inertia is now more forward than down and as the barrel tilts that becomes a slight upward trajectory countering its weight that was cantilevered on the barrel.  A spring returns the suppressor to its unfired position.

So to make a fixed mount from a booster you can replace the booster spring with a spacer, locking the booster body from movement. To change thread pitches for different muzzle threads the piston is swapped, as long as caliber stays under suppressor bore.  Some pistons are longer to work with certain pistols, or index on an internal shoulder at the muzzle crown rather than on the thread shoulder (Glock 43s have little shoulder for example).

Griffin camlok is a series of Semi-universal pistons (depending on suppressor brand)  that 1/3 twist onto muzzle thread adapters. No more swapping dirty pistons inside can, but the variable thread interface moves to the thread adapter.  Trades cost of multiple pistons for multiple thread adapters if you have multiple hosts.

There are YouTube vids that explain both.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top