Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#1]
A Krink isn’t a bad choice. If you don’t want to search for one, a 12.5” 6.5 Grendel is super difficult to beat...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
My current favorites:

...and my oldest NFA (1990):

$300 + $5 AOW stamp!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with the PS90. For the same reasons Rock has explained. It’s short, light weight, hold 50 rds. If I ever had to hop in a car and needed some protection. Or maybe I need to move some jugs of water. Or need to move through an area discreetly. or had to mow the yard and needed something more then a little hand gun it’s what I would grab.

Trying to do that stuff with a full rifle would... suck. Lol

Have also looked at cz scorpion or a braced hand gun for different circumstances.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/FKvcBaD.jpg

If you have a Glock 17 you have one already.
View Quote

What is that?  Brace?  SBR stock?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am seeking advice, looking into my first pdw size weapon for mostly defense purposes, benefits being size/weight especially when combined with a suppressor and for the wife and kids to potentially have to use. Besides which platforms are best to go after (quality and pure reliability) I want caliber advice, I dont mind getting PC sub guns, but besides being easier to use because of points of contact, where is the value in dropping 2-3k on a pistol caliber over using a 300 blk out lets say. One issue with 300 blk / 6.8 spc  is ammo.. hard to find right now, I dont mind reloading in the future, but hard to start out on.

-cmmg mk47 mutant - 8/10 inch (prefer 8 inch) cmmg banshee 9mm, 45/10mm

-lwrc 45 smg (pretty pricey) lwrc 6.8 spc pistol

-Sig rattler 300 blk out, mpx k 9mm

-b&t apc10, apc9k pro, apc9 pro, ghm9 gen 2 compact 4 inch / full size 7 inch

-Noveske ghetto blaster/Q honey badger

-get a nice upper for my spare ar lower (300blk out)
View Quote

@Radiant

I'm going to throw one out of left field at you....... The B&T USW-A1. It literally is a pistol that you holster but has a stock with reasonable length of pull. It's the same weight as a SIG P229, has a red dot and weapon light from the factory.... It does everything a 9mm AR does. Mine makes hits on head sized targets well past 120 yards.

True pistols with a brace or stock are a "thing", people just don't know it yet. Moving down from the USW-A1, I'd suggest Form 1'ing a Glock with the USW-Glock chassis, if you don't want to Form 1 an SBR and do that, look at the Recoil 20/20 brace. I have all three (haven't built the USW Glock yet, don't have a spare G17 ATM) and all three will meet your needs. The Glock conversions aren't the same animal as the USW-A1 as they are more PDW sized but they easily fit in a glove box or under a coat on a single point sling. Or, in a man-bag, of course. All three seem to have similar practical accuracy (head shots past 100 yards) with the USW-A1 getting the nod for best accuracy. If you plan to shoot suppressed, the USW-A1 has MUCH better locking lug timing and has the least gas in the face and is by far quieter. The KKM match barrel in my 2020 braced G19 is much louder than my SilencerCo barrel and doesn't stabilize the slow loaded 147's I did for USPSA. The Silencerco barrel and the USW don't keyhole at all-make sure you get a barrel that suits your needs-the KKM barrel was a waste IME.

Bottom line is that you want to have "enough gun", but you have to actually have it with you when you need it. Carrying around a subgun sized PDW gets to be a drag after a while and everyone will know something is up when you carry a bag large enough to hold one. The braced handguns get the job done and you will actually have it on you when you need it. Ergonomically they aren't equal to a 9mm AR, but the tradeoff is definitely worth it.... I can put the USW in a little maxpedition "Neatfreak" pouch with 5 or 6 30 round mags and the only giveaway is that it's heavy for it's size when someone picks it up. Just looks like someone's IFAK pouch.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dude, all this shit is expensive

Recover Tactical 20/21

For a Glock 20 or 40 10mm, they have a chassis/brace that fits and is the cheapest on the market...and very functional.  Their chassis can have a side rail to add laser or light.  I'm still not finished with mine.  I actually like the Flux "flash-mag" addition for what it is.  I'm interested in what others are using on their Recover Tactical braces for lights...

I will say, with both the Flux and Recover Tactical, you really need an optic to make it more operationally feasible.  

ROCK6
View Quote

Got a lot of rounds thru my 2020 brace and have no issues with it. It's probably the best value gun accessory you can buy right now. Everyone has a spare Glock laying around, for $100 they can have a very functional PDW, though most guys will want to mount an MRDS. Pro Tip: don't put an open emitter MRDS on a PDW. These weapons get carried off-body and that means they get a lot of water/snow/ice etc. that is hard to clear out and they fog up bad. Took mine on a walk with the fiance during the covid panic when it was freezing drizzle out and it borked my sight until I could thaw it off. The gun was useless..... I had just spent a shitload on Trijicon SRO's, slide milling etc. on top of the MRDS's I already have.... Never Again, only sealed red dots for me, and so far the Holosun 509T on my latest P80 build has been fantastic.

I just use an Olight BALDR-Pro on mine, has been reliable and my only grip is that you can't lock it out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is that?  Brace?  SBR stock?
View Quote

It's the B&T USW-Glock chassis, typically about $350. I think there is one in the EE for $300 right now. This is the nicest Glock chassis on the market but you will have to Form 1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top