Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2018 1:29:27 AM EDT
No gunsmithing qualifications here.

Wanted an AR stock on my CX4 because I hated the stock it comes with and decided to DIY it.

Cut the plastic stock off flush, and hollowed out a cavity in the stub to fit my AR stock adapter. It's turned down and fit inside the plastic about 1/2" and has 4 (1/4") bolts threaded into the back and sticking out between 1/2" to over 1". I drilled and tapped 2 of them, as it only had 2 smaller ones.

Wish I had taken pictures of this stage for a better illustration.

Filled the cavity with about 3oz of 4k psi JB weld and thoroughly coated the bolts, set the adapter in the cavity and clamped. Everything was masking taped around the area so I wouldn't get epoxy on anything, and it mostly turned out well.

I had to do a little sanding to get the weird lines of the old plastic stock to meet the round adapter and it turned out OK, but it needs more finish work. I nicked the adapter a bit when I was removing the tape and sanding the epoxy.

I lost the little plastic cheek rest that goes on top of the stock, or I'd use that piece to fill that notch on the top where it came from, but it still probably wouldn't look good.

Anyways I am looking for some advice for how to proceed with the finishing touches here. I was able to get it on perfectly straight and very securely and that was my biggest concern.

Let me know if you have any ideas.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice.  Does your bbl shroud add enough mass to help accuracy?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks nice.  Does your bbl shroud add enough mass to help accuracy?
View Quote
It's one of those fake 5.5" XM177 modulators pinned onto threads.

I actually have never shot this thing so I can't speak to the accuracy. I actually really prefer the looks of it now over factory, though.

What are some tricks to touching up the blemishes? Just paint?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top