Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2022 4:37:23 PM EDT
I’ve got an Ishapore No 1 MK 3 and the barrel is trashed.  Brownells is out of their Enfield action wrenches.  Any advice or alternative options?

Also, any general advice relating to this barrel removal?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the right tool for the job, even if you have to wait for it.
Expedient tooling usually winds up destroying the receiver.

If you have the capability you can manufacture a receiver wrench but it needs to be a professional quality job.

I took a fast looks and it appears the actual jaws are available, so buy them then buy the wrench part, or make one.
The wrench portion is just a heavy steel block with threaded holes and a handle attached.  That's a LOT easier to make then the jaws.
Brownell's does have the wrench handle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’ve got an Ishapore No 1 MK 3 and the barrel is trashed.  Brownells is out of their Enfield action wrenches.  Any advice or alternative options?

Thanks!
View Quote

Those barrels have a tendency to be extraordinarily tight to the receiver. If the barrel is truly roached, you may consider having it turned off on a lathe. Cut the shoulder away and the shank usually just spins out by hand or close to.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those barrels have a tendency to be extraordinarily tight to the receiver. If the barrel is truly roached, you may consider having it turned off on a lathe. Cut the shoulder away and the shank usually just spins out by hand or close to.
View Quote

This. If the barrel isn't good anymore I always turn the shoulder off on the lathe. So much easier and essentially no chance of cracking a receiver.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got an Ishapore No 1 MK 3 and the barrel is trashed.  Brownells is out of their Enfield action wrenches.  Any advice or alternative options?

Thanks!
View Quote
@Prebans there's someone on ebay selling a custom wrench for ~90 shipped. Not Brownells compatible.

Are you wanting to buy and own or just use for this project?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Prebans there's someone on ebay selling a custom wrench for ~90 shipped. Not Brownells compatible.

Are you wanting to buy and own or just use for this project?
View Quote

Just this project.  I’d rather borrow one from somewhere, but I haven’t found any on rental sites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top