Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2018 3:51:05 AM EDT
Hi all,

I've got a Grey Ghost Minimalist carrier that I bought a while back. Recently started seriously testing out my PC rig, and have started getting tired of weaving MOLLE and playing around with setups. I took me a while to see the current trend for modular front panels, and I'm really liking the idea of having a front panel that I can run separately as a chest rig (or even as a high drop leg), then clip/velcro to the front of my PC when I want armor.

My Minimalist carrier runs great slick, with maybe a tourniquet and small flashlight clipped up front, but it lacks the buckles and velcro in the front for all the panel designs I'm seeing out there.

Has anyone modified their Minimalist carrier to accept front panels? Anyone have suggestions of equivalent plate carriers to the Minimalist that can accept front panels?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just get a newer carrier and leave that one slick if you want modularity.

I would suggest the Esstac Daeodon, the Ferro Concepts slickster, or Spiritus.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You can stick QASM buckles on there and add some velcro to make it work.

https://www.optactical.com/dorageqaveco.html

The Slickster would personally be my pick for my next PC if I'm looking for a lo-pro option.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would just get a newer carrier and leave that one slick if you want modularity.

I would suggest the Esstac Daeodon, the Ferro Concepts slickster, or Spiritus.
View Quote
Velocity Systems LEPC is another good option. I use mine with a Spiritus chest rig.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Slickster would personally be my pick for my next PC if I'm looking for a lo-pro option.
View Quote
The buckles would be the easiest.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think I found what I'm looking for! I might need to get creative on adding some velcro to the carrier, but this seems like the best way to work with what I've got. Anyone know of anything like velcro-lined MOLLE straps? I figure if I loop them through the existing MOLLE, that should give me a pretty stable velcro base to paste a panel on top.

I'm always on the hunt for new gear though, so I'll be checking out those other PC suggestions as well.

Thanks all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top