Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2024 9:51:49 AM EDT
I keep seeing references to this powder be reformulated.

It point.from anywhere from 2 to 10 years ago.

Last time I bought it it was Accurate Arms I think and was the mid to late 1990s.

I have a unopened 10 lb jug (I remember it was one of the first powders to come in plastic cans and not metal) I never saw a metal can of it.

I know it's been made in several countries. Czech at first if I remember correctly so it varied a bit anyway depending on country of origin

So what's the big change I see referenced now it's under Hogdon Powders.

I just bought a 5lb jug for 130 buck including tax
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I had some Accurate #2 that was in 1 # plastic bottle said was manufactured in Canada.   I had another 1 #  bottle marked made in USA.   The volume was significantly different.  I had to reset my balance bean RCBS 1010 scale.   I then had to adjust the thrower to throw the correct charge.   I have never encountered that much change when using the same powder.   The labels were basically the same except for the place of manufacture.   I think the older bottle was made in Canada and the newer bottle was made in USA.    I haven’t chronographed either lot of powder but the recoil feels the same from the two different pound bottles of powder using the same charge weight.    I think my load was 4.5 or 4.6 grains of Accurate # 2 with 115 grain RN FMJ in 9 MM.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I found the.answer. I thought.it.came.out.in the early.mid.1990s but it.wasm1985 or.so.

Density was changed and.the was back in the 1990s.when I bought.it.

So its essentially the same. Except for lot to lot differences.

I found it on a.really.obscure place on.Hogdons.website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top