Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2021 12:26:53 PM EDT
So it looks like I am getting back into the FAL game, after a long absence. I’m wondering what everyone likes to use the these days for flash light mounting. Also kicking around the idea of an IR laser.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the DSA Para Congo 19” with full length  DSA quad rail and it’s sold..... but heavy.  I was thinking of replacing and going Mlok but not sure which one.
As far as IR goes with how low fal lron sights are most people run their optic too low to use the 12 o’clock picatinny.
A surefire vampire or IR laser at 3 or 9  and possibly piggyback a HS 507 vulcan  for passive would work well tho
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a holosun on a Colt that has both lasers and an illuminator. It’s pretty bulky though. On a bush rifle I was thinking about separating the laser from the lighting. In all reality I’m not sure I need a visible laser.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with going IR only
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
For a handguard-mounted sighting system, seems like it'd be best to have FF handguards, but nothing designed around mounting accessories is out there for the FAL AFAIK, although I think it should be feasible to design such a thing.  Some folks still do on the existing Picatinny, MLOK, Keymod, or VLTOR handguards that exist for the FAL.  

As for lights, I mounted an Inforce WML to my handguard using a 5-slot MLOK rail section modified slightly to work with the vent holes on a standard FAL handguard.  It's been pretty solid so far.

As for mounting IR stuff, I did see these pictures of a FAL the other day:

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:02:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mrbieler] [#5]
I had no issues putting a Magpul rail section onto my Imbel hand guards and slapping a light on that similar to the pic above.  Later I picked up the Vltor handguard and still run that today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like that wml. It adds utility to rifle without turning it “tactical.” One of my goals with this is not ruin the original flavor of the gun. It will end up as a 16-18” para, bayonet, flashlight, and maybe a laser. I’m going to stay away from optics and red dots.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have three of those InForce WMLs. If a rifle needs a light, and I can put that on it, that's what I'll use.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
A short MagPul rail mounted with screws through the ventilation holes of my 13" DSA OSW works well for my SureFire Scout Light.
Quick, slick, light, right and oh so sexy...
YMMV
TheMULE

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top