Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote

Thanks Steamedliver.

I have a suppressor plug and only one AUG suppressor-ready so I figured I was good. I'll switch it around and then decide.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Here is mine. The suppressor plug is on the left, the standard plug is on the right.

On both the, rivet is would be aligned with the GR mark on the gas block. The large hole on the left plug aligns with the gas port on the barrel. This is the suppressor setting. On the right plug, there is no hole aligned with the barrel gas port. This is the grenade setting.  The small holes on both are the vent holes for the normal setting and these are blocked in this position.

https://i.imgur.com/FaM1Lxb.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are some confusion in reddit that the old adverse is now the suppressed and the grenade setting is still the same. What's everyone here have experienced so far?

Quoted:
I've seen that picture before. I made the post on Reddit and the supressor gas plug grenade setting is still the grenade setting(position 3). Can anyone post a pic of their gas plug where the supressed setting is position 3?
Here is mine. The suppressor plug is on the left, the standard plug is on the right.

On both the, rivet is would be aligned with the GR mark on the gas block. The large hole on the left plug aligns with the gas port on the barrel. This is the suppressor setting. On the right plug, there is no hole aligned with the barrel gas port. This is the grenade setting.  The small holes on both are the vent holes for the normal setting and these are blocked in this position.

https://i.imgur.com/FaM1Lxb.jpg

Yours are the same as mine. I just shot my AUG with the suppressor gas plug using the suppressor setting and without the suppressor can and got a better impulse compared to the normal setting. So I left it at the suppressed setting while waiting for my suppressor to be approved.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yours are the same as mine. I just shot my AUG with the suppressor gas plug using the suppressor setting and without the suppressor can and got a better impulse compared to the normal setting. So I left it at the suppressed setting while waiting for my suppressor to be approved.
View Quote
Thanks. I wonder what that is all about on Reddit then?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
V1 Tactical down to 3 gas suppressors left this morning. I also noticed there is someone on GunBroker selling them for $165 each.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone confirm the size of the port for the suppressed setting. .101?

I have a couple spares and wanted to drill one out for suppressor

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can anyone confirm the size of the port for the suppressed setting. .101?

I have a couple spares and wanted to drill one out for suppressor

View Quote
it's .110
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one this morning and got the UPS shipping notice 6 hours later
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Now out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Missed it.  Why on earth the standard plug doesn't have suppressed setting, but has rifle grenade is beyond me.  Even forgetting that these are on civilian semi models, are any militaries even still using rifle grenades?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
At first I did not want one.

Then wanted one and they were sold out.

Bought it off GB for $43 shipped over V1 price.

Stupid me. $43 mistake is not that suckey.

GB seller will take $150.01 at least he did for me VS $165.00.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Missed it.  Why on earth the standard plug doesn't have suppressed setting, but has rifle grenade is beyond me.  Even forgetting that these are on civilian semi models, are any militaries even still using rifle grenades?
View Quote

Probably just a hold over from the original rifles that they never bothered to change. Plus, grenade setting is fun for suppressed shooting.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
4 left on GB.

Like I stated. Seller took $150.01 VS $165.

About $43 shipped over V1 price. For me.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/935077518
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Got mine. Runs fine on the suppressed setting with a couple different cans. Slightly less oomph to the eject on the suppressed setting.  

I may try to tig up the original and redrill a smaller input port and no vent port.  There is a definite sharper sound to the AUG than other guns. You can also see the gas venting out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:56:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck
OOS, I need one
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck
OOS, I need one
View Quote
@bradpierson26

Just got an email. These are back in stock again.  Qty Available: 191

https://v1tactical.com/product/steyr-aug-gas-regulator-for-suppressed-firing/

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@bradpierson26

Just got an email. These are back in stock again.  Qty Available: 191

https://v1tactical.com/product/steyr-aug-gas-regulator-for-suppressed-firing/

View Quote

Thanks
Ordered
Mother truckers with $16 shipping ??
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks
Ordered
Mother truckers with $16 shipping
View Quote
Yeah shipping's a beyotch for the little part, but they are pretty much the only game in town.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah shipping's a beyotch for the little part, but they are pretty much the only game in town.
View Quote

Just call Steyr, I think my first one was $75.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:33:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Tried out my new gas plug. Now, on GB setting, I have a really cool single shot. Won’t cycled with or without the can. On the next setting, it isn’t as quiet but it’s a semiautomatic again. Last setting is louder, still.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tried out my new gas plug. Now, on GB setting, I have a really cool single shot. Won't cycled with or without the can. On the next setting, it isn't as quiet but it's a semiautomatic again. Last setting is louder, still.
View Quote

How does it work on the suppressed setting without a can? What's your barrel length?
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tried out my new gas plug. Now, on GB setting, I have a really cool single shot. Won’t cycled with or without the can. On the next setting, it isn’t as quiet but it’s a semiautomatic again. Last setting is louder, still.
View Quote

i
Wait. Assuming you're using a silencer gas plug on the correct grenade setting correctly. What silencer are you using?

It's not necessarily a surprise if your AUG won't cycle on the grenade setting silencer position without a suppressor. Since too much gas is probably bleeding out the gas port.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How does it work on the suppressed setting without a can? What's your barrel length?
View Quote

No change, whether with the Turbo or not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

i
Wait. Assuming you're using a silencer gas plug on the correct grenade setting correctly. What silencer are you using?

It's not necessarily a surprise if your AUG won't cycle on the grenade setting silencer position without a suppressor. Since too much gas is probably bleeding out the gas port.
View Quote

No change whether using suppressor or not.
Maybe I need to check the holes to see if they sent me a standard gas plug?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it cycling at all? The suppressed gas plug has the settings in different spots vs the standard. You may have it on the no gas setting.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i
Wait. Assuming you're using a silencer gas plug on the correct unsuppressed mode correctly. What silencer are you using?

Not really following the problem your having.
IIRC you should have three settings, gas off (grenade setting), gas suppressed, and gas unsuppressed.
The switch locations for the settings is not the same as the factory markings.
Also the gas bypass vent is going to make a noise, its rather loud too, unless you're in gas off mode (single shot).
Mine will run (cycle) without a can in suppressed mode and unsuppressed mode, but the cycling action feels soft in unsuppressed mode.
It will also run with a can in unsuppressed mode and suppressed mode. In unsuppressed mode with a can it feels like it beats the heck out of the gun and can double feed sometimes.
Sorry I don't have the switch position cross reference data, but it is out there on the net.
Dont know if this helps.
Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I noticed more gas to the hand when using the suppressed gas plug on the suppressor setting.

Anyone else?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top