Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2024 5:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hobo]
How are the AUG STG-77 A3 M1 Alpine Edition with Austrian 3x scope ( the new green AUG with no side rail)marked on the underside?  Are they SWD marked?  
Thanks?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#1]
Mine is not, has a 12 or something there instead.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By hobo:
Are they SWD marked?
View Quote
I think that's a casting mark, so it only has the possibility of being present on a cast receiver.
Not sure how many of these Alpine Edition receivers are cast versus machined from a billet.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
I think that's a casting mark, so it only has the possibility of being present on a cast receiver.
Not sure how many of these Alpine Edition receivers are cast versus machined from a billet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Are they SWD marked?

Ok, so the Alpine Edition Receivers are machined from billet?   Thx.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Mine is not, has a 12 or something there instead.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:04:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Barlow] [#5]
All AUG receivers are aluminum castings now, and the underside markings on current receivers are simply date coded. The last time Steyr USA used machined forgings was 2018, which is when the shift to SWD cast receivers started. The SWD receivers were temporary and replaced with the date coded cast receivers around 2019.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, so the Alpine Edition Receivers are machined from billet?   Thx.
View Quote
That's not what I said.

From what Mr_Barlow is saying, it seems they're extremely likely to have a cast receiver with a date code on the bottom.
Thanks for the info @Mr_Barlow.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:44:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hobo] [#7]
That's not what I said.

From what Mr_Barlow is saying, it seems they're extremely likely to have a cast receiver with a date code on the bottom.
Thanks for the info @Mr_Barlow.

View Quote

No kidding that the SWD is a casting mark and it also looks like NO Alpine receivers are billet.  You had implied that some were billet which appears to be incorrect.

Respectfully . this forum is to be helpful not just interject stuff to up your 14K post count.  

Thanks Barlow for the good info as I'm matching a SWD receiver to one of the Alpine scopes for shits and giggles.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
No kidding that the SWD is a casting mark and it also looks like NO Alpine receivers are billet.  You had implied that some were billet which appears to be incorrect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Right.

It was incorrect that there are billet ones now. I did not know that, which is why I stated that "I wasn't sure how many".

Billet used to be the norm, not the exception, on A3 and A3 M1 production.

I haven't unboxed a new AUG since 2013.

Respectfully . this forum is to be helpful not just interject stuff to up your 14K post count.  

Thanks Barlow for the good info as I'm matching a SWD receiver to one of the Alpine scopes for shits and giggles.
Respectfully, this is how you end up figuring out stuff on your own, so good luck with that in the future.

It is always nice to have guys like Barlow around though, for sure.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:30:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hobo] [#9]
Right.

It was incorrect that there are billet ones now. I did not know that, which is why I stated that "I wasn't sure how many".

Billet used to be the norm, not the exception, on A3 and A3 M1 production.

I haven't unboxed a new AUG since 2013.

Respectfully, this is how you end up figuring out stuff on your own, so good luck with that in the future.

It is always nice to have guys like Barlow around though, for sure.
View Quote

More unnecessary information interjected unrelated to my question.  
You are welcome in my thread but please keep to the subject. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:56:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hobo] [#11]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
When you are saying the "Alpine" edition, are you referring to the commercially sold guns with the white stock, or some other(military)  variant?

Sven
Manticore Arms

[ETA]  Ah, just a special edition A3 M1 with the SF optic on it, got it!  I can't keep up with all the recent marketing dept. "variations" the are rolling out to push sales, LOL.
View Quote

LOL, I certainly could of helped narrow it down with a better description, which I just did. Thx.
In the early 90's the AUGs were rare and the " online " discussion was on an internet DOS based bulletin board called rec.guns.  
Now with the US AUGS it is like drinking from a firehose.   Damn, I love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top