Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2022 10:33:31 AM EDT
Have any of you guys tried the GearHead Works AUG Flex Swivel? It puts a sling QD on the button that locks the stock and receiver together.

https://www.gearheadworks.com/product/aug-flex-swivel/

I'm not a fan of the front QD sling mount. It gets in the way of the charging handle. I'd like something that will allow a QD mounted about the middle of the rifle. I considered a top rail mount QD, but this looks like it may be better and well out of the way of optics, sights, etc.

My only concern is would it dislodge the receiver lock? I suppose with a QD on there though, it can't be pushed through enough.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like that is the only option regularly in stock.

I put a magpul pic rail QD in the angled side rail and it works pretty good, much better than the original
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have any of you guys tried the GearHead Works AUG Flex Swivel? It puts a sling QD on the button that locks the stock and receiver together.

https://www.gearheadworks.com/product/aug-flex-swivel/

I'm not a fan of the front QD sling mount. It gets in the way of the charging handle. I'd like something that will allow a QD mounted about the middle of the rifle. I considered a top rail mount QD, but this looks like it may be better and well out of the way of optics, sights, etc.

My only concern is would it dislodge the receiver lock? I suppose with a QD on there though, it can't be pushed through enough.
View Quote

There is a lug on the part to keep it from being pulled through so that's not an issue. Also it's a stronger part than factory.

I have one on my rifle incase I want to run a single point or move my front QD to a more rearward spot. Generally I use a Corvus anti rotational rear QD and my front QD socket is on my Corvus rail. This is on a A3M1, it seems to work really well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is a lug on the part to keep it from being pulled through so that's not an issue. Also it's a stronger part than factory.

I have one on my rifle incase I want to run a single point or move my front QD to a more rearward spot. Generally I use a Corvus anti rotational rear QD and my front QD socket is on my Corvus rail. This is on a A3M1, it seems to work really well.
View Quote
Thanks.

Yeah, I thought about just getting a rail with QDs, but I'm actually fine with the factory rail.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve had one for many years. It works well and is well thought out. No issues. Buy in confidence.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 5:01:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Only downside is they don;t make one that fits a full auto (take down lock is different).

tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys. Heading off to order one...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m finding few QD swivels make a firm connection with it.  None of my magput QDs will attach.  Some of the cheap QDs will, but none are the kind with an RSA adapter.  It’s really disappointing.

I have a nato stock, but the part sticks out enough that the head of the swivel isn’t the problem, it’s the depth of the channel where the ball bearings in the QD hole seem to be a touch too deep. Like, 0.25 mm too deep.just enough to keep it from staying in.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one, and I use a Magpul sling. We will see if it works with mine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please let me know if one of yours works.  I know Magpul makes two styles if QD, the oval style, and the low profile triangle style.  I don’t have a low profile version to test.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Please let me know if one of yours works.  I know Magpul makes two styles if QD, the oval style, and the low profile triangle style.  I don’t have a low profile version to test.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works with mine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some of the cheap QDs will, but none are the kind with an RSA adapter.
View Quote
What's an RSA adapter?

I'm using a Magpul with mine. I have the OEM sling swivel on the rear (swapped to the right side) and the front QD on this Flex Swivel.  I also have a NATO stock.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's an RSA adapter?

I'm using a Magpul with mine. I have the OEM sling swivel on the rear (swapped to the right side) and the front QD on this Flex Swivel.  I also have a NATO stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of the cheap QDs will, but none are the kind with an RSA adapter.
What's an RSA adapter?

This Magpul Hoop QD wont work with it,

Attachment Attached File

I have an off brand version of this that does work,
Attachment Attached File

A few off brand QDs are working with it.  But I would love that first magpul one to work.  It connects to the QD on the front rail just fine, just not the gearhead part.

I do wonder if my Magpul Hoop QD is just out of spec?

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have the low profile version of the sling swivel. Hopefully the GHW part will arrive this week. I’ll let you know.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This Magpul Hoop QD wont work with it,

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/F953A9A3-8915-48F3-A408-6D8287A8A68B_png-2347719.JPG

I have an off brand version of this that does work,
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/AAA7D3B7-041C-4C7C-969D-C8BAA4321F55_png-2347717.JPG

A few off brand QDs are working with it.  But I would love that first magpul one to work.  It connects to the QD on the front rail just fine, just not the gearhead part.

I do wonder if my Magpul Hoop QD is just out of spec?

View Quote
I don't use that single point adapter with my AUG. The OEM rear swivel and the Flex Swivel are so close together, I just don't see the need. I don't think I have one on my X95 either.

I do remember that the Magpul QDs did not work with my X95. I had to use the QDs that came in the box from IWI. (Basically I'm using MS1 slings on my Bullpups)

Now you have me wondering if I actually did swap another brand QD onto my AUG's Magpul sling too. I'll try to remember to check that when I get home this evening.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Have on both of my augs, they are well made, fit tight, and offer another option!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered one last week but received an email from GHW today saying their inventory was flawed, and they didn’t have one in stock.
They were very nice, and refunded my $ quickly.

I’ll keep checking with them, I’d like to have one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Small update,  my wife dismantled the magpul QD to Paraclip hoop adapter and replaced the QD with one that does work. So im in good shape now.  I can run single point with the GHW,  or move the QD to the front rail, and paraclip the rear sling loop for a 2 point. Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm finding few QD swivels make a firm connection with it.  None of my magput QDs will attach.  Some of the cheap QDs will, but none are the kind with an RSA adapter.  It's really disappointing.
View Quote
So I checked my AUG and apparently I did swap out the front QD for a non-Magpul one. I knew I did it on my X95, but didn't remember doing that for the AUG.

So apparently I had the same problem.  But since I had the same problem with the X95, I wonder if the issue is with the Magpul QDs being slightly out of spec.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I checked my AUG and apparently I did swap out the front QD for a non-Magpul one. I knew I did it on my X95, but didn't remember doing that for the AUG.

So apparently I had the same problem.  But since I had the same problem with the X95, I wonder if the issue is with the Magpul QDs being slightly out of spec.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm finding few QD swivels make a firm connection with it.  None of my magput QDs will attach.  Some of the cheap QDs will, but none are the kind with an RSA adapter.  It's really disappointing.

I’ve been comparing my magpul QDs with a bunch of third party ones.  It seems the ball bearings on the magpuls are a few fractions of a millimeter closer to the base than anyone else.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I just installed the GearHead Works QD flex swivel. There's a flat (bent) spring that keeps the OEM button in place, and this GHW button uses the same spring. So I wouldn't worry about it coming out, the spring locks it in place.

As far as QD swivels that will fit, I use a VTAC Heavy Duty QD swivel. It's a bit tight, but it locks in securely and does not rotate.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just installed the GearHead Works QD flex swivel. There's a flat (bent) spring that keeps the OEM button in place, and this GHW button uses the same spring. So I wouldn't worry about it coming out, the spring locks it in place.

As far as QD swivels that will fit, I use a VTAC Heavy Duty QD swivel. It's a bit tight, but it locks in securely and does not rotate.
View Quote

That’s the takedown latch spring. It’s one of the only things that have broken on me. With the ghw qd latch you technically don’t need a spring anymore because the lip on the right side and a secured qd swivel on the left will keep it in place.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Also, If any of you use a Magpul Paraclip single/multi point sling, I can confirm these affordable QDs for them are quality and work perfectly with the GHW Flex Swivel.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

I’m using this MS3 G2 sling, and it’s excellent,
https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/slings/slings/ms3-sling-gen-2.html?mp_global_color=118

For single point, I can use the QD on the GHW Flex Swivel.
For two point, I can move the QD adapter up on the rail, and paraclip to the rear stock sling swivel.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I located, and received a GHW Flex swivel.

There was some concern about the Magpul swivels engaging properly….mine works fine.

While I didn’t stand on the rifle and yank on the sling, I was unable to disengage the swivel from the socket by pulling on it HARD.

I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I only have +/- 25° ish rotation of the swivel, but I don’t think that’s an issue.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I located, and received a GHW Flex swivel.

There was some concern about the Magpul swivels engaging properly….mine works fine.

While I didn’t stand on the rifle and yank on the sling, I was unable to disengage the swivel from the socket by pulling on it HARD.

I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I only have +/- 25° ish rotation of the swivel, but I don’t think that’s an issue.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284805/1F99F6C9-8FB6-4B51-BF48-210B9D280C44_jpe-2364060.JPG
View Quote

I was curious about that style of Magpul QD. I am glad those work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top