Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2018 4:54:35 PM EDT
Bought a PC and a couple of steel III+ plates.  Paid for multicurve.  Got the package today, and the plates look slightly curved down the middle, and not at all top to bottom, if that makes sense.  Label on the plate states “curved”, but they’re flatter than Taytay’s ass.  Wondering if this is how it’s supposed to be.  Pictures forthcoming.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There are curved and multi-curved, and it can vary from different makers as to how it is curved.

examples
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are curved and multi-curved, and it can vary from different makers as to how it is curved.

examples
View Quote
Thanks.  I’m aware that there’s no set standard.  My question was more directed towards AR500armor.com products, and to see if others that have bought from them got something similar or different.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]
They appear by what I can tell are multicurved just not as extreme as my ceramics. Could you post a couple more pics?

ETA: Like have the strike face down and pictures from the side and bottom to top.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a set for working out.... single curve front and standard back.

The flat one is as flat as a sheet of paper!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They appear by what I can tell are multicurved just not as extreme as my ceramics. Could you post a couple more pics?

ETA: Like have the strike face down and pictures from the side and bottom to top.
View Quote
Pics 2 and 3 show those angles.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like single curve to me. I'd double check your order and if multicurve is selected I'd call or email and see what's up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Technically there are two bend radaii in the plate so it is multi curve. A SAPI plate on the other hand has 7 curves.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
How many times we gotta say to just not buy steel plates before people listen?  Then no one would have these problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top