Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2020 4:28:05 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I am looking at getting a plate carrier.  I am looking at the ar freeman and the veritas plate carrier.  Anyone have any experience with either?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO I'd stay away from anything through AR500. Constantly postponing shipping, making excuses, shit customer service. Took them over 7 months to get me Plates and a Testudo carrier. Initial lead time was 8 weeks. Shit happens, but they are nothing but a smokescreen when it comes to actually delivering after they have your money.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Pass on anything ar500. Plates, carriers, everything.

Check out Grey Ghost Gear’s Minimalist as a replacement. If you’re looking for something more overt LBT has a 6094A on sale
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have three plate carriers, one being a veritas for a back up/ handout. Got it at Xmas last year. a surprisingly good carrier.
For the price it's hard to beat. I did upgrade the cumberbund, though. Just personal preference.

If it shows in stock it'll typically ship in a week. If backordered, you may grow old waiting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
IMO the Freeman limits you to their specific plate size. The Veritas is OK, but it needs the cummerbund. If you want a good non US carrier from them, the Invictus is a very nice carrier that allows the use of 10x12 plates, and has a cummerbund.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The veritas was ok, but I found the padding to bulky. Unless you get the plate carrier and cummberbun on sale you'll end up spending the same/close to something better. Look at the Ferro slickster. If its in stock it won't take 8-10 weeks for them to get it to you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the Testudo with 11x14's around Thanksgiving/Christmas of 2018 - came fast AF. Ordered an Invictus with 10x12's around the time those 3 mass shootings happened in a row, and Schumer was mouthing off about banning Body Armor... and got the stuff in October. Understandable, but in today's instant gratification society, still sucked to wait. Corona probably did the same thing, and who knows if they caught up before it hit. I don't think they intentionally screw people, personally. The stuff is affordable and punches above it's weight based on all the videos - which also probably adds to the stocking delays. Yup, it's heavy - deadlifts and squats do wonders I was thinking of grabbing a Freeman, but I go III+ only and I've only ever seen them offer that option once, in the last year or so. Thanks for the Grey Ghost lead, I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered my AR500 Veritas carrier and Lev 3 plates without issues. Shipping estimate was 9 weeks, got it in 8. Wasn't in a hurry, so no issues. Those curved plates are fine, but heavy. Don't feel the plate padding is too thick. Might look into lighter options, but this works.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a Veritas carrier from them about a year ago, I really like it. High quality material and stitching. Yes, it's made in Vietnam. But from a quality point of view, it is good to go.

I did sorta do my own cumberbund system for it though, with Eagle Ind side-plate pouches. It's pretty slim even with side plates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top