Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2018 9:01:38 PM EDT
Is the APC head and shoulders above? Any pros/cons?  Anyone with experience that can share would be appreciated.  I don't mind spending for the APC but if there is not much benefit I'd rather just buy the GHM9.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
in the same boat, would love to hear any first hand experiences, I'm leaning toward the GHM right now, would like to know what the extra $800 is getting me in the ACP
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 3:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You can't go wrong with either. IMO the APC9 currently has better stock options and a slightly better buffer system. The GHM9 has better back up sights and a threaded barrel. I personally feel the APC9 handles and shoots suppressed better and is worth the extra money, but the GHM9 is also worth more than what B&T charges.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I paid less than $500 more using Arms Unlimited's 'make an offer' button. ^Agreed on the stock options. I like the APC because the bolt is taller, so the gun is shorter. Look at how long the rear of the GHM is, add a stock or brace and the LOP is much longer than the APC. Lastly, if I were to get a GHM, I'd want to be sure it feeds 147, otherwise suppressed is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn’t like the LOP at all on the GHM9 when I tried it in the store.  Maybe with some new stock options It would fit me a bit better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I paid less than $500 more using Arms Unlimited's 'make an offer' button. ^Agreed on the stock options. I like the APC because the bolt is taller, so the gun is shorter. Look at how long the rear of the GHM is, add a stock or brace and the LOP is much longer than the APC. Lastly, if I were to get a GHM, I'd want to be sure it feeds 147, otherwise suppressed is a waste of time.
View Quote
@CJofFL   Can i ask what offer they accepted?  Feel free to pm if youd rather
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Others are asking me too, so I hope this is cool:

If I recall correctly, I made them multiple low ball offers from multiple emails and the lowest they would ever go was $1750 with free shipping too. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but it was more than I wanted to spend. In hindsight, I feel it's a steal because the APC9 kicks ass! Their normal sale price I believe was $1850 or so and it was there for a long time. They made it $2035 late last year, but also added the make an offer button. My transaction with them was perfect and now they're where I spend my money. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info, i did the 1850 offer last night and again today, with no responses, wonder if they are all at shot?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Others are asking me too, so I hope this is cool:

If I recall correctly, I made them multiple low ball offers from multiple emails and the lowest they would ever go was $1750 with free shipping too. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but it was more than I wanted to spend. In hindsight, I feel it's a steal because the APC9 kicks ass! Their normal sale price I believe was $1850 or so and it was there for a long time. They made it $2035 late last year, but also added the make an offer button. My transaction with them was perfect and now they're where I spend my money. YMMV
View Quote
So are you saying that they'd accept 1750 in the past? or 1850? Either way you are a hero
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I paid $1750 using the negotiate button down from $2035. This was $100 off of their previous sale price of $1850. They had them on sale for MONTHS before going back up to $2035 and adding the button.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m looking for the lowest price on a ghm9 now
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m looking for the lowest price on a ghm9 now
View Quote
Lowest prices I've seen is $1274 at a few places, seems this might be the MAP for B&T. Atlantic has them for $45 off but then charges you $45 shipping, so basically it's $1274 shipped. They're out of stock now but last time they went out of stock it was only for a few days. They had now stock come in and I was able to get an order in but they were sold out again that day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the lowest will be $1274 from Brownells, get on their mailing list and wait for a 10% off email from them. They seem to send them out every few weeks, but only good for that day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think the lowest will be $1274 from Brownells, get on their mailing list and wait for a 10% off email from them. They seem to send them out every few weeks, but only good for that day.
View Quote
Yeah, I snagged one at that price with the 10% off and free shipping.  Brownells will add $10 for the FFL processing fee, but still the best price going.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, I snagged one at that price with the 10% off and free shipping.  Brownells will add $10 for the FFL processing fee, but still the best price going.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brownells current price is $1,326.00, though they're out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I started looking for my first 9mm SBR setup recently.  Initially wanted the CZ Scorpion, then I saw the GHM 9, now I can’t stop wanting the APC 9.   Somehow ive now basically doubled the price of what I want haha.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I started looking for my first 9mm SBR setup recently.  Initially wanted the CZ Scorpion, then I saw the GHM 9, now I can’t stop wanting the APC 9.   Somehow ive now basically doubled the price of what I want haha.
View Quote
Sounds like exactly what I've done haha, except I stopped off on the MPX want train for a bit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#17]
i bought the apc9 for $1700 shipped from unlimited arms. it took multiple offers, $1750 was the most common counter but i wasnt in a hurry.

i recently sent it back to B&T because it is double feeding every 5-10 rounds. all 5 mags i have - the one that came with the gun and 4 i picked up from lanbo's recently. ive tried AE 124g suppressor, PPU 124g fmj, magtech 124g fmj.

its strange because i dont think ive read one post of anyone having issues with any ammo on this gun.

edit: Jess at B&T was very quick to reply to my emails and even called me on the phone. sent me a shipping label right away.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow...That's the 1st I've heard of an APC9 having a feeding issue. Any update on the cause or what the did to correct the issue?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I own both (now), but have a hard time recommending the APC over the GHM on a mechanical basis alone. To me, the only reason to own the APC is the police/.mil pedigree and the stock; the GHM offers virtually the same experience for a considerably reduced price and is being released in a hollow-point compatible refresh soon. I would also add that the APC backup sights are so stupid I have a very hard time with them as a design element...I've literally never seen anything so fragile on a "work" gun, or any gun for that matter. I think the GHM backups (which also came on my KH9) are OEM by FAB Defense, but not sure. They are ok, but a helluva lot better than the APC.

Ultimately, there is a ton of PCC competition coming down the pike - I'd expect to be able to get a GHM for around $1100 soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I own both (now), but have a hard time recommending the APC over the GHM on a mechanical basis alone. To me, the only reason to own the APC is the police/.mil pedigree and the stock; the GHM offers virtually the same experience for a considerably reduced price and is being released in a hollow-point compatible refresh soon. I would also add that the APC backup sights are so stupid I have a very hard time with them as a design element...I've literally never seen anything so fragile on a "work" gun, or any gun for that matter. I think the GHM backups (which also came on my KH9) are OEM by FAB Defense, but not sure. They are ok, but a helluva lot better than the APC.

Ultimately, there is a ton of PCC competition coming down the pike - I'd expect to be able to get a GHM for around $1100 soon enough.
View Quote
Does the LOP on the GHM feel too long to you?  I couldn’t help but feel like the stock should not have been as long as it is on that gun, that’s what keeps pushing me toward the APC.  Would love to hear your opinion since you have both.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Regarding my Arms Unlimited APC9 posts above, if you add one to your cart now it drops to $1850 without any negotiation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Regarding my Arms Unlimited APC9 posts above, if you add one to your cart now it drops to $1850 without any negotiation.
View Quote
Good to know, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow...That's the 1st I've heard of an APC9 having a feeding issue. Any update on the cause or what the did to correct the issue?
View Quote
No, Jess told me they would not be able to look at the gun until they got back from shot show and gave me the option to send it in or wait until they got back. i sent it in about a week ago so i wouldnt have to think about it. ill report back after some time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does the LOP on the GHM feel too long to you?  I couldn’t help but feel like the stock should not have been as long as it is on that gun, that’s what keeps pushing me toward the APC.  Would love to hear your opinion since you have both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cannot speak to the LoP on the GHM9 since it is currently awaiting a tailhook modification. I can say I have a SBR TP9 and can say the LOP is perfection for my 6’1” frame. I like the GHM/TP9/KH9 stock even though it’s pretty minimalist.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, Jess told me they would not be able to look at the gun until they got back from shot show and gave me the option to send it in or wait until they got back. i sent it in about a week ago so i wouldnt have to think about it. ill report back after some time.
View Quote
B&T does a quick turnaround for service issues; I had a early APC45 that had a number of issues and Tim and Jess really talk care of it promptly. Tim worked on the APC himself and even sent me video of him doing full mag dumps of the gun suppressed to confirm that it was fixed and working as expected. At the time they really didn’t have an extensive service dept but and I’m sure that must have changed by now since their lineup has expanded.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
After shooting SBR’d versions of the APC9, P26 and GHM9 back to back, the LOP on the GHM9 with the wire stock felt about an inch too long. This has been one of my concerns with the GHM9 and after shooting it I will definitely be getting the collapsible stock once it is available. The wire stock is comfortable to shoot from and the buffer on the GHM9 does a great job managing recoil, but at the end of the day the APC9 with the folding stock was my preferred rifle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
i bought the apc9 for $1700 shipped from unlimited arms. it took multiple offers, $1750 was the most common counter but i wasnt in a hurry.

i recently sent it back to B&T because it is double feeding every 5-10 rounds. all 5 mags i have - the one that came with the gun and 4 i picked up from lanbo's recently. ive tried AE 124g suppressor, PPU 124g fmj, magtech 124g fmj.

its strange because i dont think ive read one post of anyone having issues with any ammo on this gun.

edit: Jess at B&T was very quick to reply to my emails and even called me on the phone. sent me a shipping label right away.
View Quote
How long did it take them to get back to you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#28]
sometimes right away, other times it would take a few days. once i thought my offer was missed so i made another from a different email address and i got counters to both accounts an hour later...
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Personally I like the GHM9, it's kinda different and that is what I like about it.  In my opinion its the best bank for the buck on a PCC right now.  The tail hook option that is coming out looks great but the price of it is through the roof.  If you are considering the ghm9 with the tail hook it might be cheaper to just get the APC9.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
sometimes right away, other times it would take a few days. once i thought my offer was missed so i made another from a different email address and i got counters to both accounts an hour later...
View Quote
I sent one Saturday and from a different address Tuesday.  Haven’t heard anything and they have no phone number... oh well it was worth a try.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]
they have a number. PM'd you as to not derail the thread.

edit: just kidding, it wont let me send PMs...

phone number here:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/contact-us-a/252.htm

be patient, it took about 4 calls to get someone on the phone.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I got in touch with them via email.  Just trying to make sure I don’t owe Uncle Sam anything then I’m buying.  May end up with a GHM if they send a compact to the US.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah the GHM9 compact would be too hard to resist. I hope they bring it over.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm also having a hard time deciding.  I have a Scorpion in K config and love it.  I'm thinking I get the APC9 now and then wait for the GMH9 compact
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#35]
How are they with hollowpoint ammo?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I dont like that with the ghm9 you have to be very cognizant when disassembling because of all the spring tension it's under.  I do like the looks of slimmer upper over the apc9.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How are they with hollowpoint ammo?
View Quote
My GHM9 won't feed.

Gen 2s are getting an updated feed ramp but are supposedly going up in price.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I dont like that with the ghm9 you have to be very cognizant when disassembling because of all the spring tension it's under.  I do like the looks of slimmer upper over the apc9.
View Quote
It's really not that difficult to take down.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

ill report back after some time.
View Quote
got the apc9 back (was double feeding) and fired about 200 rounds without a problem. ill probably run 3 or 400 rounds through it before sending the paperwork in.

Jess explained that they polished the bolt and ran 200 rounds through it as well. She took a video and sent it to me. very positive experience dealing with B&T customer service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top