Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2022 8:19:02 PM EDT

I just got in Magpul's new PCC drum magazine and although it fits into the CMMG Banshee, it doesn't fit in the APC9-G with the Glock mag lower. The lip of the front of the magwell hits into the loading lever in its collapsed position and looks like it blocks the mag from clicking in by only a millimeter or 2. This is really disappointing.  They have the full length mag version of the drum, but that would stick out a lot for this gun and look silly. Magpul missed the mark here unfortunately.

Edit: even after taking off the front cap and rotating so the loading lever was on the bottom, the magwell on the apc9 hits a different part of the mag that stops it from going all the way in. Sad panda.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info and for saving me and my GHM some disappointment
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, OP.

Wonder if the other one works?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to reread the directions. They show a solution for that problem!
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have them on me? What's the solution?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need to reread the directions. They show a solution for that problem!
View Quote
I just read the manual cover to cover and there's nothing in there that would help here.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The instructions show how to reposition the lever opposite from where it is. I suggest contacting Magpul for a download of the manual.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just read the manual cover to cover and there's nothing in there that would help here.
View Quote

That's interesting. Should show how to disassemble for cleaning and also show how to reposition the front cover as well to fix that problem too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Just read my manual for mp5 magpul drum and on the last page it shows u can rotate the lever to the 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock. U pop up the 4 retaining clips and rotate the cover.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's interesting. Should show how to disassemble for cleaning and also show how to reposition the front cover as well to fix that problem too.
View Quote
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately that didn't solve it. After scratching the shit out of the clips and snapping off a small chunk of plastic from them, I finally got them off and rotated the front cap 180 degrees so it was on the bottom. Sadly now the bulged out plastic on the mag at the base of the shaft hits the mag well instead of that front loading lever. Still won't click in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately that didn't solve it. After scratching the shit out of the clips and snapping off a small chunk of plastic from them, I finally got them off and rotated the front cap 180 degrees so it was on the bottom. Sadly now the bulged out plastic on the mag at the base of the shaft hits the mag well instead of that front loading lever. Still won't click in.
View Quote

The manual then says to call them at that point for a possible solution.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
A request for OP (or anyone else with the Magpul PCC drum): please measure the front of the tower from bottom of mag release notch to top of drum.
I would like to get a couple of these for my Gatling gun, but I'm concerned that I'll have the same problem with a too-short tower.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got 2 in today. And they will not fit my APC9 and APC9K. What a joke, I assumed Magpul knew how to measure.
Below is a message I got from Magpul today to my question we these do not fit the B&T PCC.

Good afternoon! The MAG1137 is not compatible with the B&T guns due to their mag well profile. The MAG1033 with the longer tower will seat. Troy Woolhether?   Tech Support Rep - Firearms Accessories?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The manual then says to call them at that point for a possible solution.

View Quote

Anyone know the possible solution?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just got 2 in today. And they will not fit my APC9 and APC9K. What a joke, I assumed Magpul knew how to measure.?
View Quote

What were they thinking? Clearly they should have designed it to fit guns it wasn't made for.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#15]
There’s enough B&t Glock guns out there for them to have mentioned that they don’t function in B&t Glock lowered guns when they released them. I would hope they at least offered to exchange them for the Glock pistol size that functions with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top