Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2022 6:29:18 PM EDT
I just picked up an AP5 and was curious if anyone has run a sear through these?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought this was a no-go because of the full-auto carrier block that has to be removed, but the existence of a pushpin receiver made the ATF freak and say that the block has to stay in.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You would need a custom made sear trip arm.  Doable to anyone w metal working skills and patience.  

Think.  Bolt tapped and drilled into carrier and a corresponding sear trip arm timed to trip carrier at the right time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are the same as the other MKE guns, most people put a legacy shelf on them, remove the sear block and put a standard carrier in them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they are the same as the other MKE guns,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they are the same as the other MKE guns,
They are.

most people put a legacy shelf on them, remove the sear block and put a standard carrier in them.
Yep, and ATF has stated in writing that method is 100% acceptable.

Other methods include a carrier utilizing a removeable sear trip. I've also seen people state the factory carrier can be made to trip a lever if the lever is modified/positioned correctly but I haven't observed that personally, and don't know how reliable that would be.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just picked up an AP5 and was curious if anyone has run a sear through these?
View Quote

My ATI imported MKE guns are all sear hosts and they run just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top