Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2024 8:02:32 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with this clip-on. I’ve been wanting to buy a clip on thermal. I was pretty much set on an RH25 but I started thinking I might not want to pay that much as idk how much I will actually use it. So I started looking at other options. I found the Accufire Incendis which looks pretty nice and also the AGM TC35-640. I feel the 3-4K price range a bit more appealing than the 5-6k. I’ve always subscribed to “buy once cry once” philosophy. If I have to go RH25 then fine… but if something else would do and I can save some cash to upgrade to a set of duals from a  PVS7 then that would be even better.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What's your primary optic/use?  If you're just using it as clip-on only and planning on using it for longer range with a traditional scope get something with a bigger lense. You can sometimes find used yoters or the newer pulsar for very reasonable prices. The Steiner ones can be found even cheaper and look like they punch above their weight for a 35mm but are kinda heavy.

If you're just doing an acog or similar something
like the rh25 will work and is super versatile. Helmet mounting especially is a very useful tool if you don't already have one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Will be used primarily as a clip on but also handheld. I’m not concerned with helmet mounting. I don’t use scopes higher than 10x magnification. Nightforce 1-8 and 2.5 -10 are my two most used optics. 5.56 and .308 will probably be the only calibers it sees at this point.  Yoter C looks amazing from a shooting perspective. I wish the handheld function could go below 4x though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:04:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paxtonas:
Will be used primarily as a clip on but also handheld. I’m not concerned with helmet mounting. I don’t use scopes higher than 10x magnification. Nightforce 1-8 and 2.5 -10 are my two most used optics. 5.56 and .308 will probably be the only calibers it sees at this point.  Yoter C looks amazing from a shooting perspective. I wish the handheld function could go below 4x though.
View Quote

I have a Yoter that I just recently started using as a clip on.  It's fantastic.  I've only used it up to 6X but it still looks great at that.   I previously used it only as a scanner.  The area I hunt has terrain that ranges from large open fields, scattered oak mots, fields choked with brush, and thick timber.  The 4x doesn't bother me one bit. I find it useful way more often than I find it a hindrance

I've flipped my script on clip-ons.  I previously didn't put the time in with them and thought them to be not worth the hassle.  I now love using it.  With a 1 1/2 year old child and another on the way, sometimes deciding to stick around the ranch after dark is a last minute decision/opportunity.  It's nice just having to throw the clip on in the truck when i'm heading down there and knowing that whatever rifle i have in the truck at the time can be used at night as well.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in suburban Phoenix now but in a few years I will retire to rural Arkansas and my hunting grounds will be similar to yours. I’m considering the yoter now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paxtonas:
I live in suburban Phoenix now but in a few years I will retire to rural Arkansas and my hunting grounds will be similar to yours. I’m considering the yoter now.
View Quote

Do you already have another thermal?  As much as I like using a clip-on, I wouldn't recommend one if you don't already have something else to scan with.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top