Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2021 7:36:12 PM EDT
New member. First post...

I'm looking at purchasing my first PC, not really a fan of the minimalist style.
I kind of have it narrowed down to either the K19 or the Banshee elite 3.0
Unfortunately I can't really find a lot of reviews on either, especially the new Banshee Elite.
I'm basically going to be using this in a if SHTF situation. I will be ordering a set of Chase Tactical 4sas7 multi curve plates at the same time, shooter cut front, M SAPI plate for the rear.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Me: 6.0" 230lbs, pretty muscular
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the banshee elite 2.0 and it's really comfortable. Nice weight distribution. I even got my brother to buy one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I also have the banshee 2.0 elite and it’s awesome. I added tubes so it’s even more awesome.

To be fair I’ve heard the K19 is nice too but IMO you’ll be more than happy with the banshee.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Need an assist please:
Banshee Elite 3.0
Rampage 2.0
Defender 2.0
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I have read, those that have the K19 love them.
I also see a lot of Shellback fans too.
I’m trying to figure which one would best suit me.
Also trying to justify the 200.00 price difference.
The K19 is 271.00. The Shellback 3.0 comes in at 469.00.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I was on the fence as well. I tried pretty much every plate carrier I could try... The one that felt the best, and most comfortable was the Banshee 3.0 Elite. The thing is amazing, however you might not like the fit. It's really comfortable. I have two 5-6 pound plates in the front and back, and it's very nice. I love the tubes, and they are nice. I had others that were more difficult, and the Banshee's are simple. I am loving this new rig.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a K19. I am very impressed with how comfortable it is. I loaded it UP with plates, mags, and anything else I could find, it doesn't feel as heavy as it is. Very adjustable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got a K19. I am very impressed with how comfortable it is. I loaded it UP with plates, mags, and anything else I could find, it doesn't feel as heavy as it is. Very adjustable.
View Quote

The K19 was a very close second for me. I still have one here as a spare for someone. Great carriers!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
K19 is on sale for $240. Love mine alot even with lvl4 8lb plates and 3 rifle and 2 pistol mags
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Interestingly, based on feedback from this forum, I narrowed my choices down to the K19 and the Banshee. Decided to go with the K19 because it looked like it might be lighter and keep me cooler during the warmer months.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was on the fence as well. I tried pretty much every plate carrier I could try... The one that felt the best, and most comfortable was the Banshee 3.0 Elite. The thing is amazing, however you might not like the fit. It's really comfortable. I have two 5-6 pound plates in the front and back, and it's very nice. I love the tubes, and they are nice. I had others that were more difficult, and the Banshee's are simple. I am loving this new rig.

https://i.imgur.com/RKYZubG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BsOjQVq.jpg
View Quote

Why might I not like the fit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]
What features does the Banshee have that over the K19 that justifies the 200.00 price difference. I dont have a problem spending the extra cash, but I would like to know what I'm getting for it.

Both PC's are supposed to be comfortable. Both have tubes. The Banshee has mag pouches built into the cummerbund. Both have admin pouches
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why might I not like the fit.
View Quote

I was going to ask the same thing. PMd
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Everyone is different. Everyone has different body types. A know people that swear by the JPC 2.0. While it's nice, i hated the fit. I felt like it was too tight, and I didn't like it. Now 95% of this board loves them. I am in the 5% that didn't. ANd those numbers may be off. Don't quote me on them. :-)

The Banshee 3.0 was the best for me. It feels the best, has everything I was looking for, and most importantly, fits me the best. And like I said, I have tried a ton on.

You may love it. I can't answer that. SO I simply said you may not like it, or it may not fit you. That's all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#14]
What is your build? I'm 6.0" 230 and broad shouldered.

Unfortunately I'm in NJ and don't have the luxury of going someplace and trying them on, so I am stuck doing all of this online. I just don't want to get stuck buying a PC that was meant for someone in skinny jeans.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Everyone is different. Everyone has different body types. A know people that swear by the JPC 2.0. While it's nice, i hated the fit. I felt like it was too tight, and I didn't like it. Now 95% of this board loves them. I am in the 5% that didn't. ANd those numbers may be off. Don't quote me on them. :-)
The Banshee 3.0 was the best for me. It feels the best, has everything I was looking for, and most importantly, fits me the best. And like I said, I have tried a ton on.
You may love it. I can't answer that. SO I simply said you may not like it, or it may not fit you. That's all.
View Quote

Totally understand now. Youre right, there are a million opinions and each is individually noted.
Grabbed one of these from GovX where I had $120 in credit and now that I have it I am impressed. Was on the fence with many others and still will grab the 3.0 you have for a 3rd Rig. When I watched this video it helped me pull the trigger on it. It has a few cool features for sure like the One Pull Teardown Cord - which does look intricate putting it back together though AND the Extended Drag Handle which they put to the test!

The search continues and thanks for all the feedback on the impressive list here!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is your build? I'm 6.0" 230 and broad shouldered.

Unfortunately I'm in NJ and don't have the luxury of going someplace and trying them on, so I am stuck doing all of this online. I just don't want to get stuck buying a PC that was meant for someone in skinny jeans.
View Quote

I am 5'11 to 6. I weigh normally 155-165 depending on the week. Seriously, no joke. I have long arms and torso so everything is short. The K19 was great, I just preferred the Banshee. That's all. The second I put it on and cinched up the sides I knew it. HOWEVER. When fully loaded with 3 mages on each it isn't great, however I don't need 6 mags, but if I do, there's room. I have mags up front if needed as well.

Overall the Banshee fit me the best and I knew it right away.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am 5'11 to 6. I weigh normally 155-165 depending on the week. Seriously, no joke. I have long arms and torso so everything is short. The K19 was great, I just preferred the Banshee. That's all. The second I put it on and cinched up the sides I knew it. HOWEVER. When fully loaded with 3 mages on each it isn't great, however I don't need 6 mags, but if I do, there's room. I have mags up front if needed as well.

Overall the Banshee fit me the best and I knew it right away.
View Quote

Thank you for your input
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Taking a shot (pun) that someone might be running Hesco L210 Plates here. On the T-Rex website they're "suggesting" the 10x12" plates are made for their AC1 Carrier in MEDIUM.  My question to this Group is which Shellback Carrier would best fit these L210s?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Need an assist please:
Banshee Elite 3.0
Rampage 2.0
Defender 2.0
View Quote

I've searched everywhere on how to tell the difference between these 3 Shellback Carriers:
Banshee Elite 3.0
Rampage 2.0
Defender 2.0
I'm sure someone here can help explain them in layman's terms so that I pick which is right for me. Just when you think you're good to go you see THIS one too! Have L210s in need of a Carrier.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I really have no experience when it comes to PC's. I've spent countless hours reading and watching youtube videos.
I wasn't interested in the minimalist type carriers, like Ferro or Crye.
It was a toss up between Shellback and Agilite.
I ended up ordering a Agilite K19 from USPatriot. They actually have them in stock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top