Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2019 6:04:27 PM EDT
Question for you ACR gurus:

I took my new ACR SBR out and ran some rounds through it today. In less than 50 rounds the ejector blew out of the bolt face. I was able to find the ejector spring, which was mangled, but the ejector itself and the roll pin are MIA.

Can I use standard AR-15 ejector components in the ACR bolt? Or is theirs somehow proprietary? Any idea what might have caused this so early in the gun's lifespan?

Gun in question, which was fun to shoot for the short time that it worked!

Link Posted: 8/31/2019 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The roll pin fell out of the lower, but the ejector is gone for good, launched somewhere.

Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You can use standard AR ejector spring and ejector but i would highly recommend using the sprinco stuff, 5 coil extractor spring from them combined with their ejector spring gives you the best your going to get here.  Its worth the extra few bucks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
So either the ACR uses a different size (larger diameter) ejector roll pin than a standard AR bolt, or my rifle's bolt is out of spec. Standard AR roll pin drops right through the hole with no resistance
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Should be the same size...
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#5]
You should, in typical Arfcom fashion, drag Bushmaster / Remington / Freedom Group through the mud for a couple months before reaching out to the company.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:37:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTBA-8] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SxPxDx:
You should, in typical Arfcom fashion, drag Bushmaster / Remington / Freedom Group through the mud for a couple months before reaching out to the company.
View Quote
Already reached out, thanks

ETA: Just noticed who posted this, LOL. Thanks buddy
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Spoke with Remington customer service and wanted to relay my conversation here for historical purposes.

The ACR bolt uses the same Ejector and Ejector Spring as an AR-15. The Roll Pin is of a slightly larger diameter, which is why my spare AR ejector roll pins all fell right through the hole in the bolt. I was told that an AR roll pin could be used if one was to drive a punch into the pin to flare it out and slightly widen it, however Remington is going to send me the proper replacement parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top