Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2018 2:05:39 PM EDT
Hi guys, quick question for those of you who are running acogs, with the limited rail space on the MRC/shrike upper what magnified optics would you recommend?  I'd love to get a Ta11 but it seems like it would be too big to open the top cover. I've been running a trijicon reflex on it for years but my eyes aren't what they used to be and I wanted to get a little feedback before I throw down the cash for a 1k optic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Just run whatever on a LaRue or ADM QD mount, you should be fine.

Otherwise, I think the TA33 is probably the least rail space of the magnified ones, unless you count the TA44, which is by far the smallest.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the reply but I really don't want to have to remove the optic every time I have to clear the feed tray and reload... anyone using any model of acog on their mcr? I'd really like to know if a Ta11 can be used, allowing the top cover to be opened.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the reply but I really don't want to have to remove the optic every time I have to clear the feed tray and reload... anyone using any model of acog on their mcr? I'd really like to know if a Ta11 can be used, allowing the top cover to be opened.
View Quote
If you raise the optic it will allow you to fold the top cover without bumping the optic.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I would imagine with any of the ACOG’s you would end up with a chin weld on the stock in order to get a correct sight picture (without scope shadow).

Are there any magnified optics that are compact, similar to an ACOG, but not as tall?
Maybe the Elcan?
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be interested in how well one of the primary arms prism scopes would work. They might be the same height as an ACOG but they may be slightly shorter in length.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Chin welds suck.

I run a T-1 and live without the magnification.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree, chin welds suck. I have a primary arms micro dot on my Shrike, zeroed at 50 meters.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Chin weld isn't an issue on my setup as I'm running a savit m249 stock on my buffer tube, raises the cheek weld significantly, its almost perfect for a standard acog 4x and those models fit on the top rail just fine, its the eye relief that I dislike though, that's why I'd really like to get a TA11, and I really like the TA11 MGO but I don't want to buy one then find out its too long to be able to open the top cover.... on the original shrike uppers without the taller railed handguard it would work fine, but the newer generations of handguards the rail is basically on the same plane as the top cover rail meaning that a long optic will interfere with opening the top cover all the way....
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top