Thanks.
View Quote
p mags work but oem is still my 1st choice. Never used AC aug mags
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't know AC even made AUG mags....

Anyhoo, what can you get delivered asap at the lowest cost.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
PMAGS work...

they are being used in Australia....

I have several and they have never failed.

I like them better than the OEM ones sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I will add, OP, you've been here since 09, and didn't buy Steyr 30/42 Aug mags when they were $7?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:55:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't have experience with the AC mag, though I'm not all that fond of the PMAG. They don't drop free in mine, they don't accept the Striplula for AUG mags, and the window is less useful than the full translucent mag.

I imagine they are probably tougher than the original mags, since it's the same material that has made the PMAG so great but with a design made for polymer. Dropped my AUG mags quite a bit with no failures so I'm not quite sure if I'll ever see a durability difference.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't speak for AC aug mags. I have some mp5 mags from them that run fine but I have never used the Aug mags. I have used the Pmag Aug mags and they also work fine , but the look is off if that matters to you at all.
That said I would poney up for factory given what ever you end up with has to be a lifetime supply.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I use Magpul and they seem fine.

That said, with a ban looming there’s no way I’d get AC Unity mags unless their warranty, availability, and expected longevity as a company are believed to be as good as Magpul.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use Magpul and they seem fine.

That said, with a ban looming there’s no way I’d get AC Unity mags unless their warranty, availability, and expected longevity as a company are believed to be as good as Magpul.
View Quote

What makes you think there would be a warranty on banned mags?   94 ban, your mag doesn't work, too bad, so sad.  A replacement is a "new" mag; illegal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing, I haven’t read it and should have added some disclaimers.

That said, I thought I’ve read somewhere about replacement of the mag body only or other components, one for one.

Was that the case for any mag components during AWB?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#11]
PMags are excellent.  I personally prefer them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I changed to the NATO setup 10 years ago and never looked back.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked up a few of the AC Unity mags and they work fine. Frankly I like the Magpul mags better than OEM. Just wish they would do a Magpul 42 rounder.

OP - I would echo what others have said and buy what you can for the best price. I recently picked up more Magpuls from Primary Arms for like $15 or so each mag.

I would like to get a Nato stock just to have it around. Is that just something you have to search gunbroker for or does Steyr actually release them from time to time?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the Magpul mags, AC Unity, and, of course, factory mags. The AC Unity looks and feels more AUG-ish than the Magpul mags, but they both work equally well in my one and only AUG.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Using Pmags and Steyr mags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I have both ac unity and oem mags. The ac unity mags work great. No complaints at all.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Pmags. I have some AC but not long enough to make a decision if they are good yet. The mp5 ones took some filing to fit right
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#18]
IIRC, Battlefield Las Vegas had Steyr mag breaking feedlips, rounds popping out, switched to Magpul and didn’t have any issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top