Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2021 11:04:25 PM EDT
lgs has aac tirant (not the m) for 299

Is that a deal good enough to stomach no customer support and scarce accessories?

I’m hesitant but willing.  

Primary home would be cz scorpion evo

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd snag it at that price.  I love my M version. I just picked up a plan B to use on my 9mm rifle.  Quiet and not as nose heavy as my Obsidian.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d fo
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd snag it at that price.
View Quote
Assuming they have the piston(s) you want, or you can find them elsewhere.

I snagged one last year for close to that price (non-M), and got all the pistons I'd ever need.
It's a great can.

Attachment Attached File

This is my Ti-Rant 9S with Triad (3-lug) adapter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
They're a good performing, lightweight can.  Just one caveat; make dang sure your alignment is good.  The super thin aluminum K baffles don't tolerate even a slight baffle strike, and with AAC defunct, you have no warranty, so would be looking at an out-of-pocket recore if you didn't want an expensive, federally regulated paperweight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Tirant 9 and 45m. Both are deviated to PCCs. Really good sounding cans. Would be severely tempted at $299.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I'd get it at that price. It is a nice, quiet pistol suppressor. As long as you know the limitations on cleaning materials since it has some aluminum baffles it is worth that price.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd fo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'd fo
Quoted:
Do it
Quoted:
For sure do it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Only caveat for me would be that if something goes wrong with the can you're SOL as AAC is long gone. So you'd be out the cost of the can + $200 for the stamp.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#12]
They wouldn't have a Tirant 45 for that price, would they??

PM me if they do, I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#13]
They don’t have a 45.   If they did, I would have already purchased it.

Hopefully the 9 is still there tomorrow.

No customer support is my only hesitation
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the best sounding og pc cans out there.  I’d snag.  I have 3 and would buy another.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Have a .45 that I bought for about that price several years back, along with pistons. It’s a phenomenal can and makes me sad that AAC is gone. Some of the older can (Octane, Osprey, TiRant and Gemtech Multimounts) hold up remarkably well in terms or suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One of the best sounding og pc cans out there.  I’d snag.  I have 3 and would buy another.
View Quote

Agreed, I love the Ti-Rant cans and have a 9/9m/9s and 45/45m in my personal stash, that's a buyable price.

The CGS Mod9sk is one of my favorite setups now though...

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Ive got a 45 can and its been fantastic
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Fo’d

307.79 after tax.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Good decision.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good decision.
View Quote
Good call!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#21]
@r45d Do they have another one?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#22]
2 more tirant 9

Found a 1/2x28 piston at quiet riot.  

LGS also had a yhm R2

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Fo’d

307.79 after tax.  
View Quote

Good move.  I’ve got two TiRANT-9’s, a 9s, and a 45s.  I love ‘em!
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#24]
would be right on the edge of Fo for me.  Anyone remember the old deal on these, I think it was $350 or $400 with $200 credit at the AAC webstore?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
would be right on the edge of Fo for me.  Anyone remember the old deal on these, I think it was $350 or $400 with $200 credit at the AAC webstore?
View Quote

I paid $449 for the can and a piston. The $200 credit covered a Triad 3-lug adapter. IIRC they were also available without a piston for around $400. Hard to believe that was almost seven years ago.

OP: I'm tempted to ask where they are so I can buy a second one.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, I got that same "pay the tax" rebate credit, which I used on a Gessle trigger for an AR and a nice t-shirt.  Good times.

I own the 45, 9, and 9s, and have never had any issues with them.  Great cans.

I do say to take them apart and lube all the threads before you fire it.  They're often bone dry from the factory - even worse now that they've been sitting around for years.  Dry threads plus carbon and a heat / cool cycle is not a good combo for being able to take it apart later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#27]
[b]I do say to take them apart and lube all the threads before you fire it.  They're often bone dry from the factory - even worse now that they've been sitting around for years.  Dry threads plus carbon and a heat / cool cycle is not a good combo for being able to take it apart later.
View Quote

Excellent advice!

SilentMike
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I couldn’t break the end cap loose at gun store.

So I searched to see what others did about it.

I saw some people claim they boiled the can in water then placed the end cap wrench/adapter in vise.  Then held and twisted can to get caps off.

Once I take possession I’ll be sure to fluff and buff.  

Any suggestions for grease or oil?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Lately I have been using the "Horse Jipe" anti seize Griffin sells, it's white and comes in a small jar.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I couldn’t break the end cap loose at gun store.

So I searched to see what others did about it.

I saw some people claim they boiled the can in water then placed the end cap wrench/adapter in vise.  Then held and twisted can to get caps off.

Once I take possession I’ll be sure to fluff and buff.  

View Quote

In general, oil and heat help with threads, so I'd try some combo of those.  Use a penetrating lube on the threads, see if that works.  Try lubing it from both ends - maybe the oil will get to where it needs to get to from the inside out as well as outside in.  

Also if you can heat the end of it, it'll make it easier to take out.  A heat gun is what you need - hot air dryers I don't think would have enough heat to really work.

Strap wrench to hold the can, maybe put the end cap tool in a set of vice grips for extra leverage.

You can also fire some rounds out of it, which will really heat it up, at the risk of carbon working its way into the threads and negating the benefits of the heat.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use Birchwood Casey RIG in mine.

It works well. I apply generously in the piston/spring area. Helps keep water from getting in there when I shoot it wet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey KitBuilder,

How does the shorty Ti-Rant 9 sound on the MP5 with the Triad adapter?

SilentMike
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How does the shorty Ti-Rant 9 sound on the MP5 with the Triad adapter?
View Quote
@Atlmike

Better than I thought it would. It actually impressed me!

I only have a full-size Ti-Rant 45 to compare it to (on the Triad/MP5), but it's probably 80ish % as good as the full-size 45 when both are fired dry, and around 95% as good when both are fired wet. (There's nothing scientific about these numbers; it's just the best way I can think to describe it.)

Makes me want to try a full-size Ti-Rant 9 on there. Have you seen a published dB comparison anywhere?

The shorty heats up faster (and therefore goes back to dry performance faster) than the full-size, but for the tradeoff in compactness, I think it's totally worth it for confined spaces. It doesn't bother me to run either one of them dry the whole time.

It's a world of difference from the performance comparison between the M4-2000 and the Mini-4 on <14.5" 5.56mm barrels. (The Mini-4 not even coming close until one reaches or exceeds 14.5")
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the insights on the Ti-Rant 9 S on the MP5!

The Mini-4 has been a head-shaker of a product for me for years.

Way back, pre-H&K IAR, the Marine Corps wanted a small can they could use on their 20" M16 variants (Riflemen All!) to just take the edge off. Surefire had made a little can for them, so we took the M4-2000 variant of the day (with the vented stack from the 416-SD. The Bin-Laden can!), and deleted 3 baffles and two spacers and shortened the tube accordingly.

Viola! The Mini-4 was born!

On a 20" gun, it's surprisingly pleasant.

On a 14.5" or 16" commercial gun, depending on how old you are and how jacked up your hearing is, it's not bad.

On a 12.5" or (God forbid) a 10" or shorter gun. What? What did you say? What? Look at me when you talk to me!

Yeah, like that.

I think 99% of the Mini-4's sold wound up on super short guns. "It's a small gun! I need a small suppressor!"

This hypothesis has been born out by looking at the hosts the Dead Air Sandman K winds up on.

Thanks for the inspiration to trot down memory lane!

SilentMike

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#36]
1 of my Mini 4's sits on my ARX100 SBR, in an emergency it's quiet enough to take the edge off and at the range generic soft foam or Surefire plugs are plenty to make shooting comfortable.  I wish you guys had made a Mini 7...

Quoted:
Thanks for the insights on the Ti-Rant 9 S on the MP5!

The Mini-4 has been a head-shaker of a product for me for years.

Way back, pre-H&K IAR, the Marine Corps wanted a small can they could use on their 20" M16 variants (Riflemen All!) to just take the edge off. Surefire had made a little can for them, so we took the M4-2000 variant of the day (with the vented stack from the 416-SD. The Bin-Laden can!), and deleted 3 baffles and two spacers and shortened the tube accordingly.

Viola! The Mini-4 was born!

On a 20" gun, it's surprisingly pleasant.

On a 14.5" or 16" commercial gun, depending on how old you are and how jacked up your hearing is, it's not bad.

On a 12.5" or (God forbid) a 10" or shorter gun. What? What did you say? What? Look at me when you talk to me!

Yeah, like that.

I think 99% of the Mini-4's sold wound up on super short guns. "It's a small gun! I need a small suppressor!"

This hypothesis has been born out by looking at the hosts the Dead Air Sandman K winds up on.

Thanks for the inspiration to trot down memory lane!

SilentMike

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I would buy 2 at that price.

I like my Tirants.... got it for the same price and it has been a real deal performer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember when the stamp was free if you showed them an AAC tattoo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top