BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/12/2021 3:20:43 PM EDT
Per capitol armory IG post. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasn’t it PSA’s parent company that bought them?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I heard.  Can't wait to see some suppressors with that legendary PSA quality control hit the streets.  Hi Point has nothing on these future yeet cannons.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's what I heard.  Can't wait to see some suppressors with that legendary PSA quality control hit the streets.  Hi Point has nothing on these future yeet cannons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious, but do you actually own any PSA products, or are you just regurgitating the BS you read on the internet?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's shipping from Alabama you can bet on the fact that it's more likely old Remington inventory they're clearing out and probably at yard sale prices to wholesalers and dealers.  I don't know.  Maybe PSA is paying for some machines to be back up and running there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If it's shipping from Alabama you can bet on the fact that this is old Remington inventory they're clearing out and probably at yard sale prices to wholesalers and dealers.
View Quote

I'll take all the SPR/M4s they have, would not mind a few original Evolutions too. 416-SD for my No Easy Day clone would be nice too.

Probably not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I'd love to see PSA bring back the Element 2.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too since I don't have one. I have a pilot 2 and a halcyon in my .22 line up tho
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Good news if they are back and running. I have a halcyon and pray nothing gets screwed up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it's shipping from Alabama you can bet on the fact that it's more likely old Remington inventory they're clearing out and probably at yard sale prices to wholesalers and dealers.  I don't know.  Maybe PSA is paying for some machines to be back up and running there.
View Quote

Wasn't the purchase just the IP and name and stuff? I thought they didn't get anything physical.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good news if they are back and running. I have a halcyon and pray nothing gets screwed up.
View Quote

They did already say they won't warranty anything pre-purchase, so it's not a big help in that regard. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to get up to speed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'll take all the SPR/M4s they have, would not mind a few original Evolutions too. 416-SD for my No Easy Day clone would be nice too.

Probably not gonna happen.
View Quote

Damn
Like the way you think
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Me too since I don't have one. I have a pilot 2 and a halcyon in my .22 line up tho
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have bought a half dozen more before they were discontinued.

I love my Mask, but the Element 2 sounds almost identical (about half a note higher in pitch, to my untrained ear) and is 2 oz lighter.

It really was a perfect balance of weight, length, and performance, as long as you didn't mind not having skirted baffles.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I should have bought a half dozen more before they were discontinued.

I love my Mask, but the Element 2 sounds almost identical (about half a note higher in pitch, to my untrained ear) and is 2 oz lighter.

It really was a perfect balance of weight, length, and performance, as long as you didn't mind not having skirted baffles.
View Quote

If anyone wants an element 2 I know of 1-2 shops that might still have old inventory. DM me.

This is not a for sale. They’re not mine. Just trying to link people up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The element and tirant were best of breed
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just curious, but do you actually own any PSA products, or are you just regurgitating the BS you read on the internet?
View Quote

I have seen PSA fall short on about 3 guns that I have personally laid hands on. I think it’s a valid point.

Hopefully they will get it going and make some cost effective decent stuff. They do have a good warranty department.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried to buy an AAC Mini-4 PSA had on clearance like a year or two ago for like $250.

I talked to like 4 different people and they absolutely would not ship to an out of state buyer’s SOT.  Local sale only.  I was salty for awhile.  Even contemplated a road trip, but a dozen+ hours of driving to save a few hundred bucks didn’t make sense.

I picked up a Turbo K instead, which is lighter/quieter than the  Mini-4... but I still really want a M4-2000 or Mini-4.  I’ve though about putting up some ads for trading my 762SD for an M4-2k or Mini-4, but dealing with two transfers seems like it could turn into a shitshow.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#18]
JJE has already fired up DPMS which they purchased so maybe AAC is using the same facilities? Either way it's showing that they're getting to work on the brands they purchased.

PSA Rep comments from the above linked thread:

Quoted:

These are brand new firearms. DPMS is a sister company of PSA's owned by JJE Capital. DPMS will sell their products directly to dealers and through distribution. They will not be sold through the PSA website.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

Quoted:

DPMS is another company owned by the parent company of PSA, JJE Capital. To address the question of the 308 G2, yes they will be coming back out with the G2, but it will not be anytime in the near future.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#19]
But will they honor my damn the man $200??
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have seen PSA fall short on about 3 guns that I have personally laid hands on. I think it’s a valid point.

Hopefully they will get it going and make some cost effective decent stuff. They do have a good warranty department.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have multiple PSA uppers that I would trust my life to without hesitation, but I have also had three small parts (mag catch, buffer retainer pin, and disconnect) with defects that were all promptly exchanged without hassle.

I would wager that most people who badmouth PSA don't actually have any experience with their product. Lumping them in with Hi-Point is a perfect example, considering Hi-Points are actually well known for being reliable but ugly.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#21]
new AAC won't honor warranty repairs on old AAC stuff.
My 762SDN6 got sent back after a long wait, unrepaired.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have multiple PSA uppers that I would trust my life to without hesitation, but I have also had three small parts (mag catch, buffer retainer pin, and disconnect) with defects that were all promptly exchanged without hassle.

I would wager that most people who badmouth PSA don't actually have any experience with their product. Lumping them in with Hi-Point is a perfect example, considering Hi-Points are actually well known for being reliable but ugly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve had several issues with “Freedom” components, but never with their “premium” line.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Very interested to see what comes of this. I was late getting an Element 2 and Tirant but they are phenomenal cans.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Remington's AAC sent back your silencer.

We have no idea what JJE's AAC policy will be.

We can make assumptions but nothing is confirmed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Remington's AAC sent back your silencer.

We have no idea what JJE's AAC policy will be.

We can make assumptions but nothing is confirmed.
View Quote

We know the vast majority of the time new companies won’t honor warranties for products they didn’t make.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't own any PSA products at the moment.  I had a PSA lower and PSA upper back in the day that were fine.  I know a couple of people with the CHF uppers that work well.  I also know a few people that have had several problems with PSAs...

One friend had a lower with out of spec trigger pin holes.  The pin holding in the hammer would fall out after a magazine.

Another bought a 16" Freedom Nitride upper with a poorly machined chamber/feed ramps.  Sent it in and they replaced the barrel but the clowns decided to give him an "adjustable" gas block aka so canted it didn't cycle.

A third bought a complete PSA lower that had a mag catch issue.  There was something wrong with the mag catch where the mags would randomly fall out.  He sent it back and they fixed it.

So no, I'm not just making fun of PSA to sound cool.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't own any PSA products at the moment.  I had a PSA lower and PSA upper back in the day that were fine.  I know a couple of people with the CHF uppers that work well.  I also know a few people that have had several problems with PSAs...

One friend had a lower with out of spec trigger pin holes.  The pin holding in the hammer would fall out after a magazine.

Another bought a 16" Freedom Nitride upper with a poorly machined chamber/feed ramps.  Sent it in and they replaced the barrel but the clowns decided to give him an "adjustable" gas block aka so canted it didn't cycle.

A third bought a complete PSA lower that had a mag catch issue.  There was something wrong with the mag catch where the mags would randomly fall out.  He sent it back and they fixed it.

So no, I'm not just making fun of PSA to sound cool.
View Quote

All issues I have seen with PSA have been AK or there Glock copy related.

I have a sbr using one of there uppers and it’s been 100%.

Too soon to wish for $150 PSA/AAC Element 2s?

Aac produced cans were seen as low as $190-200.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m in for a $150 PSA Element and an MP5.

ETA: PSA’s , Anderson’s, Honda’s, Toyota’s aren’t for everyone.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The MP5 is vaporware.  It's never going to be released.  The sooner people accept it the sooner they can move on.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The MP5 is vaporware.  It's never going to be released.  The sooner people accept it the sooner they can move on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s the joke.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That’s the joke.
View Quote

Lol my bad, I'm just tired of hearing about the PSA MP5 on any MP5 related post.  "I'm not paying X amount for Y MP5, I'm going to wait for the $1200 PSA."  Well you'll be waiting for the rest of your life...
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I gotta say..    You marry an older woman, kids, ex, whatever else, you inherit the baggage.  You buy AAC, you inherit its baggage.  As a happy 762SDN-6 owner of 12 years without issue, if she fails and I need warranty work and "AAC" says no....  Someone's getting bitch slapped.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I gotta say..    You marry an older woman, kids, ex, whatever else, you inherit the baggage.  You buy AAC, you inherit its baggage.  As a happy 762SDN-6 owner of 12 years without issue, if she fails and I need warranty work and "AAC" says no....  Someone's getting bitch slapped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look to the mirror for who to slap.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was old AAC/Remington that sent your can back.  Due in large part to the bankruptcy.  Who said AAC wasn't going to service the legacy models?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Look to the mirror for who to slap.
View Quote

Edit: I said something distasteful so removed.  I know better than to swing down.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#37]
AAC made really good cans.  I hope they bring back the full line and all the mounts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:31:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have two PSA build kits, both 16" mid-length, on Anderson lowers with the PSA EPT trigger.  Super cheap builds, probably under $400 each, and they have been 100% reliable.

My girlfriend shoots a PCC that I built for her with their gen 2 Glock mag lower.  I also built a rifle for her with one of their CHF barrels.  They have been great.

There are far worse guns you could own.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad that the law and common sense doesn’t agree with you.  

Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good luck with that.
View Quote

Apparently our views or acknowledgements of what common sense are are very different.  Frankly, I don't believe common sense has anything to do with this.  Precedence, marketing, reputation, business model, and/or principal do, maybe that's what you meant.  Yes, surely.

Why keep a lost companies name?  AAC, Craftsman, etc., your hoping for future success generated on name recognition and past reputation.  Even when someone out there says "I love my SDN suppressor, AAC is great", the new AAC benefits from that.

Why must the benefit only go one way?  We all were or at least many were disappointed to see AAC erode away with the poor management of its parent company and the tumultuous economical and political climate of the last decade which no doubt had an effect on Remington.

Many companies or conglomerates that absorb bankrupt or lost companies do indeed neglect legacy products.  Just because that is common doesn't mean as consumers we cant desire higher standards for brand integrity.  It is of my opinion that if a company does not wish the honor warranty claims for legacy products then ditch the legacy name.  

That to me is sensible.  Maybe not the precedence or an easy business model.  I guess it just all comes down to how you as a company wish to build and maintain respect and patronage.  

Good day.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Apparently our views or acknowledgements of what common sense are are very different.  Frankly, I don't believe common sense has anything to do with this.  Precedence, marketing, reputation, business model, and/or principal do, maybe that's what you meant.  Yes, surely.

Why keep a lost companies name?  AAC, Craftsman, etc., your hoping for future success generated on name recognition and past reputation.  Even when someone out there says "I love my SDN suppressor, AAC is great", the new AAC benefits from that.

Why must the benefit only go one way?  We all were or at least many were disappointed to see AAC erode away with the poor management of its parent company and the tumultuous economical and political climate of the last decade which no doubt had an effect on Remington.

Many companies or conglomerates that absorb bankrupt or lost companies do indeed neglect legacy products.  Just because that is common doesn't mean as consumers we cant desire higher standards for brand integrity.  It is of my opinion that if a company does not wish the honor warranty claims for legacy products then ditch the legacy name.  

That to me is sensible.  Maybe not the precedence or an easy business model.  I guess it just all comes down to how you as a company wish to build and maintain respect and patronage.  

Good day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck with that.

Good day.

Expecting JJE to warranty your old AAC products would be like expecting Springfield Armory to warranty your Garand.

AAC is dead, they live on only in name.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Good day.
View Quote

And PSA lost a customer…
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And PSA lost a customer…
View Quote

Custom themed suppressors?

Count me in!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That was old AAC/Remington that sent your can back.  Due in large part to the bankruptcy.  Who said AAC wasn't going to service the legacy models?
View Quote

They said they wouldn't be warranting the other AAC's stuff in a thread. I think it was the thread about folks having silencers at AAC, but could be wrong. The policy may change of course, but it was stated on an internet forum, so there ya go.

For production, with modern manufacturing, if they have all the information required and the equipment, setting up might not take too long. Plus, a lot of AAC/ DPMS may have been subcontracted, so easy enough to just order more now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

JJE did just purchase Intellectual Property and names etc. of AAC. JJE did not purchase any machinery or old inventory.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

They imply it in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I thought they said it in this thread.  
View Quote

They didn't directly say anything warranty related here, though they did confirm that they are not just selling old inventory I think. In the other thread, going from memory, they directly say they're not covering older products.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They said they wouldn't be warranting the other AAC's stuff in a thread. I think it was the thread about folks having silencers at AAC, but could be wrong. The policy may change of course, but it was stated on an internet forum, so there ya go.

For production, with modern manufacturing, if they have all the information required and the equipment, setting up might not take too long. Plus, a lot of AAC/ DPMS may have been subcontracted, so easy enough to just order more now.

Pretty sure I read that draft here too.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top