Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 9:15:48 PM EDT
Was this not an effective muzzle device? You don’t see many hybrid type muzzle devices with a single chamber brake and then small tines.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one pinned on my 14.5 BCM middy, mostly as a suppressor host. It is kind of a weird compromise. It is louder than the full tine AAC flash hider, but not as loud as the AAC brake. It seems to smooth out recoil without pushing the gun too far in the other direction. My 14.5 shoots really flat, but I don't know how much of that is actually due to the brake.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It's really a "Jack of all trades, master of none" kinda situation. The brake portion and the flash hider portion work, but not as well as their dedicated counterparts
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The 2.0 was much more effective, and didn't require to be timed.

But like the other guy said. It wasn't a great FH and wasn't a great brake.

It was the .40cal of muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one only because I didn't want the blast and noise the 2 chamber brake type mount inflicts on this upper. I figure it still offers some level protection for the blast baffle with its single chamber design.

My problem was I felt it should be timed since it has three ports so I timed it with one port at 6 and the others at 2 & 10. My priority is to reduce muzzle rise, don't care about dust when prone as I'll have the can mounted then.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was this not an effective muzzle device? You don’t see many hybrid type muzzle devices with a single chamber brake and then small tines.
View Quote

Mine pinged horribly until I drilled holes in the tines.

I wish I’d gotten the regular brake

I can see some erosion on the inside from flame cutting on my 10.5” after only about 600 rounds or so but it doesn’t offer as much in the way of sacrificial baffles like AAC Brake.  Getting a photo was hard due to the small ports:

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11B3XCIB:

Mine pinged horribly until I drilled holes in the tines.

I wish I’d gotten the regular brake
View Quote

Well of course if someone were to mimic it, they’d be wise to do three tine lengths like the ASR
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top