Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 3:54:54 AM EDT
Advanced Armament Corporation wont listen to my actual issue! So I bought a new AAC sdn6 silencer and it just came in 2 weeks ago. It came with the 51 tooth flash hider and I installed it on the gun. When I screwed on the silencer all the way the latch didnt catch on the teeth. Looking into it more I could tell that the flash hider teeth wasnt ground enough and wasnt very sharp. So I called AAC customer service and explained the situation with the latching not grabbing the teeth on the flash hider. I got it back in about 7 days with the latch fixed and newly painted (they said) but no new flash hider. So today i called back and this dude at their customer service was very rude to me and I told him that the issue was with the flash hider teeth not the silencer, and asked if I could just get a flash hider since they already had it before. He said no you need to send in the hider and silencer again to make sure. I said I tried it on my friends and works perfectly and his brake the teeth are a lot sharper mine are basically ground down. I told them I'm tired of sending it in just send me a new hider. He said well idk what else to tell you but this is the only way. I said nevermind I'll just buy a new one and solve the issue myself. Has anyone else had issues with AAC?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
They gave you a solution. Post in their industry forum.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
When I had an issue with the latch on my Mini 4 AAC took care of it quickly and at no cost to me. They were super friendly too
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They gave you a solution. Post in their industry forum.
View Quote
This. Companies aren’t normally in the habit of tossing free product at a potential problem.

How is the lock up in the included flash hider? Unless you're calling the included flash hider the muzzle brake.

Did you offer to send in the brake only? Your post isn't clear. If you didn't send in the brake with the can how in the world would they know that the can wouldn't lock in to your mount?

I'm thinking that this is more miscommunication than anything else.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Advanced Armament Corporation wont listen to my actual issue! So I bought a new AAC sdn6 silencer and it just came in 2 weeks ago. It came with the 51 tooth muzzle brake and I installed it on the gun. When I screwed on the silencer all the way the latch didnt catch on the teeth. Looking into it more I could tell that the muzzle brake teeth wasnt ground enough and wasnt very sharp. So I called AAC customer service and explained the situation with the latching not grabbing the teeth on the muzzle brake. I got it back in about 7 days with the latch fixed and newly painted (they said) but no new muzzle brake. So today i called back and this dude at their customer service was very rude to me and I told him that the issue was with the muzzle brake teeth not the silencer, and asked if I could just get a new brake since they already had it before. He said no you need to send in the brake and silencer again to make sure. I said I tried it on my friends and works perfectly and his brake the teeth are a lot sharper mine are basically ground down. I told them I'm tired of sending it in just send me a new brake. He said well idk what else to tell you but this is the only way. I said nevermind I'll just buy a new one and solve the issue myself. Has anyone else had issues with AAC?
View Quote
Sounds like you figured it out.  Honestly, the brake & can should have been sent in together since one is useless without the other and I'm sure they would have sent you a new brake.  But really, with all the issues with AAC QD cans and the options we currently have I do not know why people keep buying them but that's a discussion for another thread.  Enjoy your new can!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had no issues with AAC and thought their customer service was incredible. I had an end cap strike on my Mini 4, it was my fault as I didn't properly torque down the muzzle brake. They fixed it and it came back looking brand new. Total turnaround time was about a week and it didn't cost me a dime. Anyway, great first post
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
So the muzzle device is out of spec, which is manufactured by AAC, and won't allow correct lock up. At least this is how I'm reading it. AAC won't address the root problem again which is their device. How is this the OP's fault/problem? The problem is so easily solved. OP sends AAC his muzzle device and AAC sends him a new one. It's trivial I know
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm suspicious of a new poster whose first post is a giant bitch fest.

They provided a solution.  You don't like that solution and that's not their fault.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They provided a solution.  You don't like that solution and that's not their fault.
View Quote
I get the whole first post thing but it's not a solution if it doesn't fix the problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I get the whole first post thing but it's not a solution if it doesn't fix the problem.
View Quote
It's also possible the whole story is made up or grossly embellished

Edit to add:
I'm just a little skeptical when someone's first and only post is to bash a company here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't own any AAC products but never heard of any CS problems from them.

Your post stinks to high heaven combined with your new account.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]
When I sent it in the first time I sent them the can and the flash hider together not brake sorry. I offered to send just the flash hider back to them but they wanted the can also. I understand they dont want to throw out free shit but they already had it once and I told them what the issue was and they didnt fix it. I have a flash hidert for my 5.56 and the can fits on it perfect and the teeth on that flash hider are sharp and not rolled over like the one that came with the can
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Send both items in and we'll fix them" sure sounds like a solution.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess I didnt say it correctly. I shouldve said that when you screw the can on and it ratchets down you can back it off the flash hider cause the teeth are rounded on the hider
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I told them what the problem was before I sent it in and they didnt fix! All they had to do was get a new flash hider and BOOM it's fixed easy as that!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Op, post a video of the issue you are having.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

"Send both items in and we'll fix them" sure sounds like a solution.
View Quote
Jesus man, how hard is it to understand that after sending parts back that are non working just to get them back and still not work, a solution? So if you were in OP's situation, being it's 100%factual, you'd be fine with having non working parts after manufacturer looked at them? Got it
I'm trying to give OP the benefit of the doubt and not trash any manufacturer
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Jesus man, how hard is it to understand that after sending parts back that are non working just to get them back and still not work, a solution? So if you were in OP's situation, being it's 100%factual, you'd be fine with having non working parts after manufacturer looked at them? Got it
View Quote
You actually sound like the OP - this whole thread is fishy as hell.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I actually had to look to see if this was GD.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I were in OP's situation, I think I would have tried to describe the problem in a more clear and concise manner.

If people here were confused over what he was trying to say, imagine how AAC must feel.

I'm giving the manufacturer the benefit of the doubt, and guessing that OP did not properly explain the situation.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:44:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Send both to them...

What do you hope to accomplish with your rant in this thread?

Nothing is going to happen with your kvetch dude.

Send both in and they will square it away.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Post a picture.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#23]
AAC CS is top notch, last time I had an issue they had it picked up from my house, repaired it, refinished it, and shipped it back, all free, and within a week.

I suspect a communication problem.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I actually had to look to see if this was GD.  
View Quote
Maybe we can get a custom aac brake outta this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top