User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hopes and dreams man, hopes and dreams.  But they would be wise to actually start releasing some of these items and ideas.  I heard Midwest Industries is also possibly getting some skin in the ACR game soon.  Dare I say you've done more for ACR maintaining decent popularity more so than RemDef or Bushmaster have ever done...
View Quote
This x1000000.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good Lord...you now have a whole new model, 4 different barrel lengths available, a new stock, 1/7 twist, aac mounts stock, new safeties from bushy.

Nexus gives you a new lower, enhanced bolt release, new rails, enhanced safety's.

Midwest Industries gets on board with a new rail.

Heck there is a new binary trigger coming out in a few weeks.

The rifle litterally went from almost zero major support, to having a bunch in one year.

Do I wish new calibers were out, yep, but damn if I'm am not happy with the amount of stuff we got this year, with promise for more next year from the above major players.

Add this in with Dana from Templar offering barrel conversions, bad ass safeties, and folding charging handles and the rifle is finally starting to get some real attention...I frankly am enjoying the new stuff popping up weekly it seems as of late.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So much for 2017 being the year of the ACR
Good Lord...you now have a whole new model, 4 different barrel lengths available, a new stock, 1/7 twist, aac mounts stock, new safeties from bushy.

Nexus gives you a new lower, enhanced bolt release, new rails, enhanced safety's.

Midwest Industries gets on board with a new rail.

Heck there is a new binary trigger coming out in a few weeks.

The rifle litterally went from almost zero major support, to having a bunch in one year.

Do I wish new calibers were out, yep, but damn if I'm am not happy with the amount of stuff we got this year, with promise for more next year from the above major players.

Add this in with Dana from Templar offering barrel conversions, bad ass safeties, and folding charging handles and the rifle is finally starting to get some real attention...I frankly am enjoying the new stuff popping up weekly it seems as of late.
No kidding,  I never bought one because one had to join another forum and get in on obscure buy ins for one off products, buy airsoft junk, or have the barrel modified by a gunsmith if you ever wanted to accessorize or improve the rifle.  That looks to finally be changing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Interested in the M Lok hand guard and 300BO SBR conversion barrel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand the RemDef argument. List one major contract Remington has managed to secure with their version of the ACR? That version of the ACR is the one we all want. Make it semi-auto and sell it. Call it gen 2 or come up with something like Gen X to signify the 10 years you all have wasted dragging your feet on this program. While I appreciate Bushmaster communicating with us, I'm sorry I just can't get hyped over a HG released 10 years after the rifle and what's more it uses some sort of new interface rather than using MLOK which the rest of the industry is moving towards. That is some weapons grade derp. Seriously. It is like Remington and Bushmaster are trying to fail.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't understand the RemDef argument. List one major contract Remington has managed to secure with their version of the ACR? That version of the ACR is the one we all want. Make it semi-auto and sell it. Call it gen 2 or come up with something like Gen X to signify the 10 years you all have wasted dragging your feet on this program. While I appreciate Bushmaster communicating with us, I'm sorry I just can't get hyped over a HG released 10 years after the rifle and what's more it uses some sort of new interface rather than using MLOK which the rest of the industry is moving towards. That is some weapons grade derp. Seriously. It is like Remington and Bushmaster are trying to fail.
View Quote
Umm--they stated that they will be releasing it in Mlok as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Umm--no they didn't. They said developing one. RIF.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Umm--no they didn't. They said developing one. RIF.
View Quote
"And yes we are developing a M-lok version as well. The installed base of Keymod is far greater than M-lok currently but M-lok will eclipse Keymod so we are developing both. "

They are developing Both!!! As in the square drop is still in development as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
come up with something like Gen X to signify the 10 years you all have wasted dragging your feet on this program.
View Quote

In all seriousness, a semi automatic version of the RemDef ACR is what I wish my ACR could be.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BFI is making the new handguard in M-lok and the AAC "SquareDrop" which is Keymod adaptable. Some call AAC SquareDrop 'Keymod without the Home Depot look".
View Quote
That is my point. Why spend the money to reinvent the wheel? It makes no sense. MLOK has been chosen by SOCOM most likely when the time comes to upgrade for the rest of the military MLOK will be the goto, MLOK outsells Keymod all over the place. Why spend the R&D time and money to develop anything at all other than MLOK? Just make an MLOK compatible HG. Boom, problem solved. Now they can move on to the next concern.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That is my point. Why spend the money to reinvent the wheel? It makes no sense. MLOK has been chosen by SOCOM most likely when the time comes to upgrade for the rest of the military MLOK will be the goto, MLOK outsells Keymod all over the place. Why spend the R&D time and money to develop anything at all other than MLOK? Just make an MLOK compatible HG. Boom, problem solved. Now they can move on to the next concern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BFI is making the new handguard in M-lok and the AAC "SquareDrop" which is Keymod adaptable. Some call AAC SquareDrop 'Keymod without the Home Depot look".
While I prefer MLOK... there are still a lot of people out there with Keymod accessories. Nothing wrong with offering both.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]
So I’m not gonna lie, I drew up a v2 handguard and added mlok segments and it looked cool but I still liked the original way more.

The vents look almost too small for the rail whereas the remlock looks pretty clean.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
They stated they would be releasing lots of things. In 2008. Until I see it on a shelf they are full of shit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]
@CJofFL

Got any more of those Aluminum Trunions or a lead on an extra? Shoot me a PM, thanks much.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#15]
No, but I may make more.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No, but I may make more.
View Quote
Let me know if you do, please! @CJofFL
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 2:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No, but I may make more.
View Quote
I’ll take one if you do!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No, but I may make more.
View Quote
Ill take one if you do another batch for sure.
@CJofFL
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Its simple. I like it.

Can't wait to see the final (and MLOK) versions.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks good.  A long rail would look good.    Or a pistol version....
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#22]
That is bigger than 22 caliber on the end of that barrel
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like something that was designed and should have been released 5 years ago. Other handguards are pushing the envelope more than Bushmaster's attempt to further their own platform.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Just catching up on all of this.

So after all these years of not delivering what was promised and what people have been begging for,  Bushmaster delivers a squaredrop handguard? Up until this moment I genuinely thought that the industry had come to the conclusion that squatedrop was a bad idea and gave up on it.

I'm not sure I follow...
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Did you read Bushmasters second post, where they said they are developing an mlok version as well?

It's been well covered. Why don't we wait till shot show next week to see what they offer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 1:00:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just catching up on all of this.

So after all these years of not delivering what was promised and what people have been begging for,  Bushmaster delivers a squaredrop handguard? Up until this moment I genuinely thought that the industry had come to the conclusion that squatedrop was a bad idea and gave up on it.

I'm not sure I follow...
View Quote
Of course Bushmaster was going to make it in SquareDrop, made by AAC aka, the same company as Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That is bigger than 22 caliber on the end of that barrel
View Quote
And also the dual charging handles....
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did you read Bushmasters second post, where they said they are developing an mlok version as well?

It's been well covered. Why don't we wait till shot show next week to see what they offer.
View Quote
Oh no, I saw it. I'm commenting on the whole coverage of this product in general. It's just so Bushmaster.

Oh you want to use that quick change barrel kit? Yeah, we'll get it to you... 10 years later for $600 and no 300black out. Now there's this handguard available in the attachment platform that no one asked for... Squaredrop... Yes, MLOK is coming, but it's in development... but who knows when. It shouldn't be that hard, but neither should a barrel in 6.8spc. Check back in 2020.

I hate to be so negative in the technical forum, but you just get burned out on the company.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:I hate to be so negative in the technical forum, but you just get burned out on the company.
View Quote
I wish you haters would just sell your ACR, stop visiting this forum and move on with your lives. You realize that choice is there, right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep, I'm fully committed to it now with my 2-stamp ACR. I don't care what Bushmaster does, or doesn't, offer in the future. Mine is set and good to go.

But I have to think a different approach by Bushmaster would yield better results with regard to conversions and a pistol offering. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 3:29:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wish you haters would just sell your ACR, stop visiting this forum and move on with your lives. You realize that choice is there, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I hate to be so negative in the technical forum, but you just get burned out on the company.
He may or may not be a hater, but he's not wrong. I love my ACR, and my GF loved mine enough to buy her own. It took the better part of a decade to get the simplest thing, a different barrel profile. Just this year are any kind of aftermarket parts coming into circulation besides hobbyist making their own. Some of those were really good, but when there is more support for the 805 or ACE in one vs ten years it's sad. That said, there seems to be all kinds of new support recently both factory and aftermarket that makes me excited for the future.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I get it, burnt out and bitter over ten years... but why even wait that long? Let's say they've waited 3 years, why not sell their ACR and and put the money into a Scar, 805, blah, blah, and be happy for 3 years instead. WTF? Seems retarded to me. I think they like it enough to keep it, but just want to bitch to others on the internet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<snip>
bitch to others on the internet.
View Quote
Isn't that what the internet is for?  I mean, that and boobs
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I get it, burnt out and bitter over ten years... but why even wait that long? Let's say they've waited 3 years, why not sell their ACR and and put the money into a Scar, 805, blah, blah, and be happy for 3 years instead. WTF? Seems retarded to me. I think they like it enough to keep it, but just want to bitch to others on the internet.
View Quote
Once you turn something into a NFA item, it's not so easy to get rid of.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most of us love the ACR, so much so that we spent tax stamp money and thousands of dollars on aftermarket upgrades for it. I think you mistake hating the ACR platform for hating Bushmaster the company. There's an enormous difference. I love my ACR and will never sell it, but Bushmaster is a dumpster fire AND they deserve to be told so when they do this retarded and tone-deaf shit. I mean really, who the fuck is making these decisions? "Hey I have a great idea, people hate us because we've been teasing them for 12 years and not delivering. Let's show them an accessory they've been begging for, but only in a format no one uses and once again with no time frame. Let's also pretend these need years of "development" when a one-man shop in Canada released a superior one after trying for like two months. I'm certain that will go well."
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I, for one, appreciate any and all development with the ACR from Bushmaster or otherwise. I may not buy any or all of it, but I also might. This mentality applies to all of my firearms from all manufacturers. If I had as much of a problem with the manufacturer as some of you do, I'd chose to not support that manufacturer by not buying their products.

Side note to the above: I put my money where my mouth is in that I've designed and produced my one lightweight, nonQD trunnion, ambi charging handle, bolt carrier lightening, etc.

The more I think about it, I don't think I'd have as much of a problem with all of the hate if you would just start a hate thread instead of bitching in every thread at every opportunity. It's gets old.

Apologies to Bushmaster for the thread derail.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#39]
And I don't understand why hating on Bushmaster should be inappropriate in a thread where Bushmaster themselves are present and derping. It's not like people came in a "random" thread to bitch at them. They literally started the thread themselves to tease people with a handguard they've been promising for a decade. Until it's on a shelf for purchase, why should any of us give a rat's ass how much "development" they are doing on the "platform?" They "developed" the RemDef version years ago, how much of that translated into anything for us?

Go right on white knighting them if you like, but guys like you, Ramy, Argonauts, etc. are the reason the ACR is a great rifle, not BM.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Really, they promised a handguard other than the polymer one and tri-rail a decade ago? To answer your question, without development, nothing will ever materialize. Also, they didn't develop the RemDef version, Remington Defense did. You could be mad at RD, but they pretty much never release anything. Do you think I, Ramy, or others you mentioned would do what we do if we were constantly crapped on via the forums? I've said what I have to say, so the last word is yours.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Really, they promised a handguard other than the polymer one and tri-rail a decade ago? To answer your question, without development, nothing will ever materialize. Also, they didn't develop the RemDef version, Remington Defense did. You could be mad at RD, but they pretty much never release anything. Do you think I, Ramy, or others you mentioned would do what we do if we were constantly crapped on via the forums? I've said what I have to say, so the last word is yours.
View Quote
Well this is isn't Bushmaster's industry forum... if they wanted everything to be sunshine and rainbows, then this should be in their personal forum. If anything, Bushmaster needs feedback from their customers and turns out, a lot of them are justifiablly annoyed. They need to be told how they are sucking. But I'm going to follow your lead. This is a technical forum, so I'm out on the subject.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Hey I have a great idea, people hate us because we've been teasing them for 12 years and not delivering. Let's show them an accessory they've been begging for, but only in a format no one uses and once again with no time frame. Let's also pretend these need years of "development" when a one-man shop in Canada released a superior one after trying for like two months. I'm certain that will go well."
View Quote
I never really thought about it like that, but that's pretty funny (and true).
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
False. Simply sell the parts that make the item quality as NFA. In this case it would be the barrel. Install a 16” barrel. It’s now under the purview of the 68 GCA and legal to be sold as any other rifle. You could send a letter to the NFA Branch to have it officially stricken from the roll if you want the extra security. They’ll send you a letter telling you that it has been removed.

Source? I’ve done this after a conversation with Agent (Ted?) Clutter.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
False. Simply sell the parts that make the item quality as NFA. In this case it would be the barrel. Install a 16" barrel. It's now under the purview of the 68 GCA and legal to be sold as any other rifle. You could send a letter to the NFA Branch to have it officially stricken from the roll if you want the extra security. They'll send you a letter telling you that it has been removed.

Source? I've done this after a conversation with Agent (Ted?) Clutter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
False. Simply sell the parts that make the item quality as NFA. In this case it would be the barrel. Install a 16" barrel. It's now under the purview of the 68 GCA and legal to be sold as any other rifle. You could send a letter to the NFA Branch to have it officially stricken from the roll if you want the extra security. They'll send you a letter telling you that it has been removed.

It's not that it can't be done. It's that you're out a ton of investment money that makes the sale not worth it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And I don't understand why hating on Bushmaster should be inappropriate in a thread where Bushmaster themselves are present and derping. It's not like people came in a "random" thread to bitch at them. They literally started the thread themselves to tease people with a handguard they've been promising for a decade. Until it's on a shelf for purchase, why should any of us give a rat's ass how much "development" they are doing on the "platform?" They "developed" the RemDef version years ago, how much of that translated into anything for us?

Go right on white knighting them if you like, but guys like you, Ramy, Argonauts, etc. are the reason the ACR is a great rifle, not BM.
View Quote
Succinct
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Succinct
View Quote
Word of the day toilet paper?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's not that it can't be done. It's that you're out a ton of investment money that makes the sale not worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200 isn't all that much $. Sell the short barrel to someone looking for a shorter barrel.

Now time? Yeah, you're out a LOT of time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Bushy’s most recent pic/post looks an aweful like 6.8. Not a fanboy but cool to see more movement.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
$200 isn't all that much $. Sell the short barrel to someone looking for a shorter barrel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200 for the stamp, $200-300 off the cost of the rifle, $100-150 off the cost of the barrel, $50-100 off the cost of any handguard that went with your short barrel, plus any other potential mods. Losing $600 to sell a $1400 rifle isn't going to be worth it for most people already. Like a bad divorce, it's cheaper to keep her.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top