Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2021 10:13:12 AM EDT
This looks like a cool project NV for someone other than me. Thought I would pass it along. It’s a Litton M911 NV scope in its case with extra lenses.

Litton M911
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks OP.

Ill throw a couple bids in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Was I in the bidding war with you? I hope it has a tube inside, lol.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a reason they listed it As-Is and why I dropped out when it passed $150.  So we don't know if it even works.  Hopefully somebody here won it and will let us know.

The tubes are hard to pull out of those, so it's most likely intact.  I have one in my parts bin and I haven't figured out how to pull it, but haven't tried very hard.  If I'm not mistaken, it based on the PVS-5 tube and those are glued into the housing.  I actually won one on Ebay for $150-200 and it can with a battery soldered to the on/off switch.  The rear lens was off of either a PVS-2 or some other platform and it was fit into place with electrical tape.  So my Ebay gamble was a lose.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I will report and post pics as soon as it shows up
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi there. I ended up eventually winning this item and I took delivery yesterday. It appears to work great. I have never looked through any NV device so I have nothing to compare to. There is a very small black dot on the screen. The foam in the case needed to be tossed. The (2) CCTV lenses give great 1x and 2x views.

The copyright in the manual indicates 1984 however I do not know the date of this specific device. I am interested in understanding the difference between the M911 and the M911A. The obvious difference is the M911 takes (1) 3v CR123A battery and the 911A takes (2) AA.  Does anyone know what other specs or performance differences there are?

I am guessing this is Gen2 and not Gen2+ device correct?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I don’t know much about these other than posting the original link here. I’m so glad it actually works. Congratulations on your new NV. Hopefully this will bump it and get you an answer. You could start a new thread if responses are sparse.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome fellow enthusiast.

These old units are a lot of fun and still very capable. Specific info is hard to find but it is out there.

The black spot is either dust that needs cleaned or a blemish in the tube which cannot be fixed. Both are very common.

Remove batteries when not in use which will prevent corrosion and accidental activation. Don't look at bright lights for very long. Use it and have fun.

If you post numbers from the tube we will know exactly what it is. You should be able to read the numbers after unscrewing the ocular lens.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the replies! It was helpful starting out with a complete kit that came with the necessary tools (hex key and spanner wrench) to remove the ocular per your recommendation. The number on the tube is 196941.
Any info on the tube would be appreciated like how old is it?
I find the c-mount interface very helpful in being able to try different lenses for different levels of zoom. The camera lenses also are able to be stopped down which is a kind of manual gain control. It has a note in the manual indicating "For the best picture, an adjustment must be made to reduce the light level input to the Image Intensifier in order to obtain optimum resolution" If then goes on to say that using a CCTV lens with adjustable iris should be slowly increased to prevent the Automatic Gain Control from being activated and causing the resolution to be substantially reduced. It would be really cool to connect to a DSLR but those adapters look like $$$.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Any pictures of the image it produces?  I’d be interested in seeing what kind of performance it has.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
The number on the tube is 196941.
View Quote

Sounds like a serial number. Many older tubes will only have serial and not any model numbers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I would be happy to upload some pictures or videos but honestly the pictures though the phone look so much more grainy than with my eyes.  I will say I am truly impressed by this thing, it is really a neat little device.  
If you fast forward to the 3:40 mark in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taoYeDcMQyw
He has a Litton M911A (compared to my M911). I never really found out the difference between the two, all that I can tell is that the M911 takes a CR123 and the M911A takes (2)AA . The person comments that it looks better through the tube than on the video, and mine is no different. However this video also shows a PVS-7 and a PVS-14 so you can see how they all compare. My guess is that these took the same or very similar tube.
After some minimal research, I decided that for my stationary application I wanted a biocular and unfortunately I won an ebay bid for a stock ITT NE5001. I have no idea on the year or what the tube is. I would love to know more information about the NE5001 but aside from this forum it appears detailed information is VERY limited. Like will this commercial tube be lower spec than a mil spec unit? Did they ever make any of these Autogated? Anyway, it will be fun to compare the two, I think the little M911 will eventually be finding its way into a new home soon to get someone else hooked on NV. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top