Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2023 4:28:38 PM EDT
I used to know what this stuff was, but I’ve completely forgotten. I do remember that one of them was of less than stellar quality.

Anybody know the origin of these?  Brown box is completely unmarked.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the ones on the left are Turk.  I have some turk with the bullets that color.  Not sure on the right ones.  Need to see the headstamps to be sure.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the ones on the left are Turk.  I have some turk with the bullets that color.  Not sure on the right ones.  Need to see the headstamps to be sure.
View Quote

That was my thought as well!

OP, be sure and scrub your barrel and bolt face with hot soapy water because I'm betting both brands are corrosive!
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Whoops, forgot the head stamps.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they are both Czechoslovakian

Link 1
I know, it's RTI, but it could be correct.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the one on the right is Bulgarian
never fired any of it so unknown quality.

SinisterDouble68
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#6]
just saying before anyone else, the Turkish is hot. Noticeably so. Good ammo, but it comes out smoking.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Copper washed is Bulgarian. Shot a case of it 20 yrs ago expect duds and click bangs.

Brass case is Czech.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

OP, be sure and scrub your barrel and bolt face with hot soapy water because I'm betting both brands are corrosive!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that ammo scream's clean me after shooting it. OP probably knows that though. I've shot some of the ones on the left but can't remember where I go it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a ton of that junk. It’s Czech made for export apparently. Usually Czech stuff is decent but apparently they outsourced the primers and they are terrible. It usually has a few hang fires and/or duds every box
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top