Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2018 10:26:25 AM EDT

http://www.gunsandammo.com/shotguns/review-remington-870-dm-magpul-12-gauge/

Thought the detached magazine pump isn’t something that I care much for, This particular model has my attention.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure I'm for these. First, it's only six shots. Most standard defensive shotguns carry more ammo.

Second, it's a completely new way to reload, which is different than normal shotgun procedure. While reloading a full magazine would be faster, it doesn't make sense for me.

I've been to one shotgun class, albeit a beginner one, a long time ago. "You fight with what's on the gun" was what I was told, and when I read about guys here doing advanced level shotgun classes, they say the same.

I don't see you grabbing another magazine in any scenario. If you planned to bring extra magazines, you'd probably want a rifle.

Additionally, you can top off with the traditional setup.

While I'm glad the firearms industry is coming out with new things, this isn't for me.

I'm going to stick with magazine extensions and side saddles.

My two cents.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The 3 or 6 shell magazine is kinda killing any desire to own one of these.

Maybe if someone comes out with a drum or something, but for now, this, along with the 590 M, not gonna bother.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure I'm for these. First, it's only six shots. Most standard defensive shotguns carry more ammo.

Second, it's a completely new way to reload, which is different than normal shotgun procedure. While reloading a full magazine would be faster, it doesn't make sense for me.

I've been to one shotgun class, albeit a beginner one, a long time ago. "You fight with what's on the gun" was what I was told, and when I read about guys here doing advanced level shotgun classes, they say the same.

I don't see you grabbing another magazine in any scenario. If you planned to bring extra magazines, you'd probably want a rifle.

Additionally, you can top off with the traditional setup.

While I'm glad the firearms industry is coming out with new things, this isn't for me.

I'm going to stick with magazine extensions and side saddles.

My two cents.
View Quote
My view as well.

My perception was always that one of the unique advantages of a shotgun is that you can top off your magazine as you go along whenever you have a moment to spare. Magazine-fed shotguns don't really make sense to me.

Any sort of role I can think of that would have you carrying around multiple magazines worth of ammo would have you carrying a rifle.

Then again, I'm no operator. So maybe there's a niche value for mag fed shotguns out there that I haven't thought of.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks really interesting. Awesome range toy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
If Remmy doesn’t come out with a 10 round mag/drum mag someone else will.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
My 2 cents is that you can store the gun handy in case you need it for a HD scenario, but unloaded and safe in case of a child getting into it... Much faster to load a mag into the DM than it is to stoke a tube full of the equal 6 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 2 cents is that you can store the gun handy in case you need it for a HD scenario, but unloaded and safe in case of a child getting into it... Much faster to load a mag into the DM than it is to stoke a tube full of the equal 6 rounds.
View Quote
Shotshells loaded in mags have a bad habit of deforming. The thin plastic hulls get compressed and smashed from the spring pressure to the point where they won’t feed at all if left too long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top