Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2020 8:41:56 PM EDT
I've been wanting a Barrett for some time now. Originally I had decided on the 82A1 due to cost and the fact I thought I would be satisfied shooting it unsuppressed. It looks like I missed the boat by a couple months for picking one up in the low 6k range. Now they are selling in the upper 7k range.

I'm kinda ready to panic buy my Barrett before the election. I'm not seeing any on the used market.

Hasn't the cost of the 107A1 been flat? I don't recall them being much cheaper than their current 10.9k price. I'm starting to think I might as well go 107A1 and get a suppressor later.

If Biden gets elected the price on both will surely go up....definitely wont go down to this past summer prices.

Talk me into a 107 or tell me where to get a good price on a 82 please.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If suppression is something you're seriously considering, you all but must get the M107. It's built up for the additional recoil and signs of suppressor usage void the M82 warranty. That should help the decision!

Otherwise the panics have definitely brought up the baseline as far as prices go so might as well grab the premium stuff while it's close! I doubt you'll regret the M107 though I suspect it may be a little harder to sell second hand since it'll be more than an M82 costs new.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I do miss the carry handle on the 82, but otherwise get the 107. Plus it's newer.

Unless you are gonna shoot distance, I'd go cqb (assuming it can be suppressed). It's a pita to move the longer barreled gun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 3:44:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been wanting a Barrett for some time now. Originally I had decided on the 82A1 due to cost and the fact I thought I would be satisfied shooting it unsuppressed. It looks like I missed the boat by a couple months for picking one up in the low 6k range. Now they are selling in the upper 7k range.

I'm kinda ready to panic buy my Barrett before the election. I'm not seeing any on the used market.

Hasn't the cost of the 107A1 been flat? I don't recall them being much cheaper than their current 10.9k price. I'm starting to think I might as well go 107A1 and get a suppressor later.

If Biden gets elected the price on both will surely go up....definitely wont go down to this past summer prices.

Talk me into a 107 or tell me where to get a good price on a 82 please.
View Quote

I still think under 8k is a very good price for an M82A1.  Waiting could very easily see them go to 9-10k not to return lower for several years if ever.  Conversely under 11k seems to be a good price for the 107A1.  I have been around the block for a long time in firearms and I have seen these dips in price in many many guns.  If you get in on it great but waiting VERY often ends with never getting the firearm you wanted as these big dips are often a one time event.  I would suggest you are still getting in on the tail end of the dip on Barretts even if you pay high 7k for the M82A1.  The 107 is a little harder to tell but it is still clearly on the low end and likely to never go much lower.  As to which one.  I tossed around both at first also thinking I wanted a 107 but in the end it was two factors.  First is just a personal thing and that is I like all steel firearms.  The upper on the 107 is aluminum which just bugs me.  It's much lighter and possibly even stronger but it's still aluminum.  Second I decided while the suppressor looks cool and keeps the blast down they are still quite loud plus they increase recoil.   $2500 for a suppressor that for me it's only real use is cool factor just was not enough.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I still think under 8k is a very good price for an M82A1.  Waiting could very easily see them go to 9-10k not to return lower for several years if ever.  Conversely under 11k seems to be a good price for the 107A1.  I have been around the block for a long time in firearms and I have seen these dips in price in many many guns.  If you get in on it great but waiting VERY often ends with never getting the firearm you wanted as these big dips are often a one time event.  I would suggest you are still getting in on the tail end of the dip on Barretts even if you pay high 7k for the M82A1.  The 107 is a little harder to tell but it is still clearly on the low end and likely to never go much lower.  As to which one.  I tossed around both at first also thinking I wanted a 107 but in the end it was two factors.  First is just a personal thing and that is I like all steel firearms.  The upper on the 107 is aluminum which just bugs me.  It's much lighter and possibly even stronger but it's still aluminum.  Second I decided while the suppressor looks cool and keeps the blast down they are still quite loud plus they increase recoil.   $2500 for a suppressor that for me it's only real use is cool factor just was not enough.
View Quote

I've said this in other threads but I'm inclined to agree with the M107. While it's certainly a premium M82, it's just not premium enough to justify the cost. To really get the most of the M107, you need the Barrett suppressor which is allegedly marginal at best at actually suppressing... At least for non-military purposes and metrics. And, at that point, your total bill is approaching $14k which gets you the GM6 Lynx which would be way cooler than a suppressed M107.

I haven't had a chance to test it but I'm curious how the Surefire SOCOM50 works on an M82. Unlike the Cyclops, Liberty, and the rest of the 50BMG cans, it has a brake that should help ease recoil like the Barrett. If it helps slow down the cyclic rate suppressed, it could be reason enough to save 30% and get the M82. Unless, you know, you really need tritium illuminated back up sights on your fifty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bit the bullet and ordered the 82 from my LGS for $7,500 plus tax. I ordered the black full size.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just bit the bullet and ordered the 82 from my LGS for $7,500 plus tax. I ordered the black full size.
View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats!!  I feel quite sure you will be very happy and $7500 is a great price!

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I've wanted a 107 since they came out but could never bring myself to spend the money. Enjoy your 82.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Kind of debating this myself. Although with the random suppressor testing I do, having a .50 on site that's suppressor friendly may be beneficial. Just that damn cost $$$$$
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kind of debating this myself. Although with the random suppressor testing I do, having a .50 on site that's suppressor friendly may be beneficial. Just that damn cost $$$$$
View Quote

The 50 cans have expensive brakes for the most part as well. $300 per gun can specific.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top