Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2017 11:04:43 PM EDT
Gents,

I thought you might all find this interesting.  I recently received an M49A2 replica I ordered from an Airsoft company in Taiwan for inert display of my M2 mortar.  In case you missed the madness in GD over my shutting down San Francisco International Airport's cargo terminal- pro tip, make sure the guy you are buying a replica from internationally doesn't ship via air mail.

On to pictures!

First a side by side of the airsoft replica and an actual inert M49A3 made in 1973.

Next, the rounds broke down- airsoft replica on the left, M49A3 on the right:

Here is a closeup of the airsoft replica- note there is a lack of a channel for the tetryl lead charge in the center of the airsoft dummy fuze.  There is also not an actual firing pin.  The safety setback cross bar can be removed and the nose pressed down however.  It is spring loaded.

Here on the flip side with the M49A3, you can see the differences inherent:

Here is another shot of the M49A3- note that it also has a cup for a tetryl booster charge.

Here is a final pic of the airsoft replica- note that while I did not remove the imitation M32 primer, it is removable.

A few other notes:

Svoboda M49A2 Replica

60mm diameter

3.307lbs <---an actual M49A2 should weigh 2.73lbs

Depth of the interior cavity is 78mm. <---Should be about 112mm

Volume of interior cavity is 5 ounces of liquid (water).

US Mil M49A3

60mm diameter

3.05lbs

112mm deep

Volume is ~6.25 to 6.5 ounces of water

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.  Cheers!

@Wingnut116ACW
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh that's a bingo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Very Cool.....and WoW, what a thread(on GD)!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the projectile made out of?  What did it cost?  What's the diameter at the gas check bands? Where do we find these?

I googled, of course, but their web page isn't working for me (by 'what's the diameter at the gas check bands', I mean is it correctly sized for an M2 barrel).
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Very cool, excited to see more. Link to the GD thread about the airport? I looked but couldn't find it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top