Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2018 2:57:59 AM EDT
I know I've read tons of theese. I built a 6.5crm from the ground up last Christmas. So I don't want ACR as a hunting rifle. We currently have 6.8spc ACR available!!!! But rounds are $1.00 a piece I already pay $1.00 a round for my 6.5CMR. I see 6.5g wolf rounds for $.30 a round. So for pice per round and way better knock down power than 5.56. 6.5g seems like the best option. Is it possible???  Which platform would I get for it 556 is going for about $1500 vs 6.8 $1800? Or does it not really matter. Has anyone successfully converted one yet? I know Marvin and Dana are the ppl to talk to about this but Dana inbox is full. Thanks for your time guys!
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well crap.  I’ll empty my inbox man.

As far as 6.5 on a 5.56 or 6.8 rifle.  I’d personally probably take down a 6.8mm rifle.  You get more up to date parts plus you can sell the barrel/bolt to recoup a lot of the price.  With a 5.56 you can strip down the barrel and use the parts but you have the old handguard.

Either way works well though.  I’m actually building another 6.5 rifle for my self within the next couple weeks
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Any suggestions on what barrel to start with? Looking at doing the same thing. Wanted to build a 14.5 Grendel with pinned device to get to 16". Just bought a 6.8 Enhanced ACR as the base rifle. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I generally use Ballistic Advantage or Satern barrels.  The only problem is that 14.5” Grendel barrels are usually custom made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top