Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2018 12:57:12 AM EDT
Subject line. I am not really hot on the carbon fiber offering from Lancer and am trying to get a company to make a 6065/7075 one.
I have messaged RPM Tool (make ACR and TAVOR rails) and Midwest Industries but we all know, a gauge of interest can be helpful for them weighing the option of moving on it.
Sig at SHOT said they are not pursuing updates to the 516.
Vote and if you have friends that aren't on here but are interested, comment with a +# to get an idea of a count.

Thanks

factory rail
Attachment Attached File

simple mock-up
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I realize I'd shoot mine more if that rail went on a diet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I like that rail concept so much, I'd possibly buy a 516 upper to use it with. It could give one essentially the performance benefits of the HK416 with aftermarket M-LOK rail, but without the high cost.
You're really addressing the Achilles' heel of the 516 here. Nobody wants that heavy factory quad rail. I like the 516 for it's adjustable gas system; I feel it's an improvement over LWRC. Carbon fiber is good for weight, but not strength. This is really looking like a good product that would get some attention. Probably more than SIG realizes. They're pretty dumb though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a 716?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like that rail concept so much, I'd possibly buy a 516 upper to use it with. It could give one essentially the performance benefits of the HK416 with aftermarket M-LOK rail, but without the high cost.
You're really addressing the Achilles' heel of the 516 here. Nobody wants that heavy factory quad rail. I like the 516 for it's adjustable gas system; I feel it's an improvement over LWRC. Carbon fiber is good for weight, but not strength. This is really looking like a good product that would get some attention. Probably more than SIG realizes. They're pretty dumb though.
View Quote
I agree. Sig guy said they were just focusing on the MCX now even though they are continuing to produce/sell the 516/716.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the 7" pistol and would really like a cleaner handguard option.  I've never really looked close at it to see what might be involved however...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top