Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2018 7:43:32 PM EDT
Is the  50 bmg hearing safe when it is shot trough a suppressor?
Does itnreduce the recoil  any?

I have a zel  custom and wondering if it would be worth looking into buying  one.  Is the red tape and expensive  worth it?

What one is the best for the money?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the AAC Cyclops on a Bushmaster BA50. It’s sounds great and removes all the concussion when shooting. It sounds very quiet and is listed as being under 140.  
The Recoil is increased when shooting suppressed but not terrible.  Mine feels like a 308 unsuppressed and a 300 win mag when suppressed.

The talking in the video was supposed to show that is was quiet enough that the mic didn’t auto adjust.

https://youtu.be/hGdHtYGGxP4
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If it can be suppressed it's worth suppressing! I held a Barrett QDL suppressor and it was surprisingly light for it's size. It and the Cyclops each weigh about 4.9 pounds. The Cyclops is probably the most mainstream 50 BMG suppressor, though the QDL has a built in brake at the end that may help a little more with reducing recoil.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrett's suppressor with the built in brake works very well.  I shot a M107A1 a few years back that had one and the concussion is gone.  Shot softer than unsuppressed as well, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck, so jealous of you guys who can get suppressors.

I have a PGW LRT-3 and they make a can for it but because Canada, I can't buy it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My Gemtech is 'hearing protection not required' but made the recoil worse than any rifle I've ever fired.  Like pushed me off the gun atleast a foot and hurt.  NO way in hell could I ever keep my eye on the scope for a follow-up.  This was on an M82A1.

And I'm no bitch either
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top