Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2020 3:28:11 PM EDT
I just picked up an Armalite AR50 and am looking for a reloading press.  I like the Hornady 085005.  Anyone know of someone selling a used one?  The best price I have found is $699.99 at Graf and Sons.  Anyone know of a place with a better price?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at the Lee briefly.  It would do the job but I want something that is more robust and will last a lifetime so when my son is my age it is still going and going like the bunny.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I use my 50 lee for regular loadings and 50 stuff & no complaints. The handle and the way it attaches gave me pause but has never been an issues even with bad headspaced m2 surplus brass. A helpful hint is imperial wax and rotate the brass 180 if its really hard to size.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Another Lee press owner here.  I have loaded 1,000 so far with only one issue...the handle.  I just went to a hardware store and got a piece of solid round stock and made my own handle.  I'm glad I didn't spend a ton on my .50 press....that left more available cash to stock up on components.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I too use a lee press to load 50 bmg with no issue. I have only loaded about 400 rounds with it so far.  I actually have it mounted in n a Frankfort arcenal portable stand. I use imperial sizing wax  and I size the brass in steps, side about 1/3 of it at a time and rotate it every time I lower the ram.  
For the amount or ammo I am going to actually load on this  I couldn’t see spending almost twice the price for rcbs or Hornady  then have to buy dies. I used the money I saved to buy brass bullets primers and powder.  The lee also has the advantages of very easily and fast switching to normal size dies so it can do double duty
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a lee press and only have about 80 rounds on it so far, but it works great. I had to replaced the handle though I bent the one that came with it. I have a 3 foot piece of 4340 as the handle though and it works awesome. TOMS of leverage.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
i have a RCBS ammo master for sale.
just ponied up for a corbin mega-mite
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top