Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2021 10:34:30 AM EDT
I bought some 'guaranteed' once fired LC10 50 bmg brass and decided to section one. While it may have been once fired the one I sectioned has definite stretch marks. I couldn't feel this with a bent piece of wire but I think you might can see the stretch mark, it looks like teeny tiny waves. You can feel it with your finger. I have several boxes of PMC brass that I know is once fired because I fired it, it reloads very well so I think I'll stick with that as I won't be doing any competitions or super long range stuff, basically it's just a big heavy plinker.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure this is what a lot of our LC 'once fired' brass looks like after firing in a Ma Deuce.

Steve.........
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting-thanks for posting the pics.

I have a bunch of LC brass as well,and don't see/feel any stretch to them.  Might have to section some of mine.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting-thanks for posting the pics.

I have a bunch of LC brass as well,and don't see/feel any stretch to them.  Might have to section some of mine.

View Quote

Hey Carguy..good to see you again I use mostly LC surplus and wired all of mine on the first reload and I didn't find any either.  I loaded over 900 and didn't find any with the wire test.  Can I be that lucky or am I doing it wrong?  IIRC, all LC 06, 10, 13.  I have LC 12 but they are a bitch to full length size so I keep for emergency use only.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top