Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2024 11:56:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: v188]
I don't want to buy a special can for the Krink, like the Wolverine.  I've got a bunch that will work.  However, Id like to get a metric to US thread adapter version that would tighten to the Krink and be held by the captive pin that holds the MB.

Any Ideas of who makes one?  Also, since I'll use a 30 cal can, it needs to be 5/8x24.

Looking forward to playing with a new toy.  Really didn't want it in 556, but I think using the 75gn AAC it should offset  the standard loss of a shorty 55 grain round.

PS edit, the PSA Krink is:  Muzzle Thread: M24x1.5 RH
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.silencercentral.com/products/thread-adapter-m24x1-5-to-5-8x24/

I'd go with something that has wrench cuts, and just dremmel out your pin position.

Ideally, rocksett muzzle device to this adapter
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I also use the Griffin adapter (doesn’t use the pin fyi) on my AK-P with no issues. Definitely rocksett it on there, though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#5]
Originally Posted By v188:
I don't want to buy a special can for the Krink, like the Wolverine.  I've got a bunch that will work.  However, Id like to get a metric to US thread adapter version that would tighten to the Krink and be held by the captive pin that holds the MB.

Any Ideas of who makes one?  Also, since I'll use a 30 cal can, it needs to be 5/8x24.

Looking forward to playing with a new toy.  Really didn't want it in 556, but I think using the 75gn AAC it should offset  the standard loss of a shorty 55 grain round.

PS edit, the PSA Krink is:  Muzzle Thread: M24x1.5 RH
View Quote
What suppressor do you have and why do you want it to be held on by that pin?

A better way to go is use a face mount that indexes off the face of the muzzle. Use shims if necessary.

If your suppressor is Hub (1.375-24 ) compatible, a JMAC X37 is optimal.

https://www.jmac-customs.com/shop-by-product-type/muzzle-devices/x-series/x37-hub-1-375-24/?CustomCategoryTree_38=24__-__M24x1.5

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I plan on using a YHM Resonator R2 or maybe a Dead Air Sandman Ti.  The YHM gives me several different options of mounting. Is there a mount that would let me go from 5/8x24 to the YHM Phantom flash suppressor?  I don't need to shim then.

The Dead Air is purely a threaded can. I'm guessing any adapter should work.

I'm going to hope that the PSA Krinks threads are concentric and that I can use tighten down the adapter and secure it with rocksett.    I guess my earlier thoughts about using the spring loaded pin aren't really necessary.  I guess I just crank it down as far as it'll go?

I don't really understand stacking, etc.  I have the rods and use my calibrated eye to keep from a baffle strike.  It's always worked for me so far.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I plan on using a YHM Resonator R2 or maybe a Dead Air Sandman Ti.  
View Quote
Both of those are Hub threaded. With a JMac X37, you remove the mount adapter in the can right now, screw the JMac mount onto your Krink and screw the suppressor onto the JMac mount.  Very light, very simple. Less to go wrong.  It also has a built in brake to protect your blast baffle, especially with that short 8" barrel. I'd consider a brake a necessity with the Krink.

You only need shims if the face mount adapter doesn't bottom out on the muzzle.

As far as that spring loaded pin, I always remove it when using a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluedog82] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I plan on using a YHM Resonator R2 or maybe a Dead Air Sandman Ti.  The YHM gives me several different options of mounting. Is there a mount that would let me go from 5/8x24 to the YHM Phantom flash suppressor?  I don't need to shim then.

The Dead Air is purely a threaded can. I'm guessing any adapter should work.

I'm going to hope that the PSA Krinks threads are concentric and that I can use tighten down the adapter and secure it with rocksett.    I guess my earlier thoughts about using the spring loaded pin aren't really necessary.  I guess I just crank it down as far as it'll go?

I don't really understand stacking, etc.  I have the rods and use my calibrated eye to keep from a baffle strike.  It's always worked for me so far.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

View Quote

In my case the PSA  AK-P and the Griffin mount both had impeccable threads. I didn’t use enough rocksett when I installed it, and the adapter started to unthread during an AK match during a particularly high round count stage. My accuracy went to hell, but I had no baffle strikes even though it was loose enough to take off by hand. Now that’s quality!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top