Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2024 10:21:12 PM EDT
After being on the waitlist for quite some time, my name has finally been called for one of these suppressors. I remember reading when they first came out that there were fitment issues on the 11.5 inch CQB Mod 2 uppers. Has this been resolved or is it still an issue?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Still an issue, but yours may or may not have said issue. It can be fixed via a shorter locking collar (which KAC will provide) or by adding a shim/washer to push the FH out a very small amount (someone else will know the specific length needed).
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mdavis:
Still an issue, but yours may or may not have said issue. It can be fixed via a shorter locking collar (which KAC will provide) or by adding a shim/washer to push the FH out a very small amount (someone else will know the specific length needed).
View Quote

Thanks for the information. I guess once this gets delivered to my transferring dealer I can go do a test fitment and see if I need to make any adjustments.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:55:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agnisco] [#3]
It also may work just fine without any shims or new locking collar.  It all depends on the initial threading of the barrel and how that resulted in the flash hider being timed.  We ordered six Mod 2 guns and six PRT suppressors.  Five of the six attached as they should without touching the rail.  The sixth barely bottomed out on the rail but still attached.  We still sent all six uppers and suppressors to KAC and asked them to replace the URX 4 with the URX 6, which guaranteed no fitment issues.  All was good with the world.  The only issue you will have if you choose to replace the collar is that you will lose the ability to use the suppressor shroud once it’s released, if that’s something you want to do. So if you do have a fitment issue, I’d probably recommend the shimming route so you have the option of using the shroud.  Plus, the collar on the PRT looks way cooler, and we all know how important that is when choosing our weapons and accessories.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By agnisco:
It also may work just fine without any shims or new locking collar.  It all depends on the initial threading of the barrel and how that resulted in the flash hider being timed.  We ordered six Mod 2 guns and six PRT suppressors.  Five of the six attached as they should without touching the rail.  The sixth barely bottomed out on the rail but still attached.  We still sent all six uppers and suppressors to KAC and asked them to replace the URX 4 with the URX 6, which guaranteed no fitment issues.  All was good with the world.  The only issue you will have if you choose to replace the collar is that you will lose the ability to use the suppressor shroud once it’s released, if that’s something you want to do. So if you do have a fitment issue, I’d probably recommend the shimming route so you have the option of using the shroud.  Plus, the collar on the PRT looks way cooler, and we all know how important that is when choosing our weapons and accessories.
View Quote

I recall indicating to KAC my preference was to get the URX6 on my CQB, but they reached out to send me a collar anyway. No word on civ side WRT rail replacements.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Embittered:
I recall indicating to KAC my preference was to get the URX6 on my CQB, but they reached out to send me a collar anyway. No word on civ side WRT rail replacements.
View Quote

As soon as we can get stock on shelf we will open up sales of the URX6 hardware.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:46:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CSGroup] [#6]
It amazes me how big this "issue" has got.  It's not an issue.  Well, it's not an issue if you have a few shims laying around and 10 minutes of free time.  

Step 1: Attach you new CRS PRT and check fit
Step 2: Remove muzzle device and insert generous amount of shims, reattach muzzle device
Step 3: Reapply your CRS PRT like a gentleman
Step 4: Check fitment and (if needed) repeat process until you obtain desired fit

In all seriousness guys generally they just need a shim or two (and no, it doesn't matter if they are surefire shims).  I get some guys don't have a knight stick and feel uncomfortable removing muzzle devices though, so who am I to judge.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
https://i.imgur.com/cFWp6Ie.jpeg
View Quote

can more people put up pics like this?

What tool are you guys using to measure to get the.075'' gap from collar to front of rail? feeler gauge?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FNKACAMG:

What tool are you guys using to measure to get the.075'' gap from collar to front of rail? feeler gauge?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FNKACAMG:
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
https://i.imgur.com/cFWp6Ie.jpeg

Not sure that I understand your question but if you are talking about installing the shroud you will need ~3/8" from the center of the index pin to the front of the handguard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry for the confusion.

On the mod 2 11.5 when using the PRT CRS can I was told by knight's customer service that as long as the gap between the front end of the rail and the bottom of the collar measure .075'' then you're good to go.

I wanted to know what tool was being used to measure the gap to see if it's .075''

thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Gotcha. Just eyeball it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 cqb’s, they both would bottom out on the rail like this. One is the newer style which can accept the urx6 rail.

I don’t have a knights stick so I chose for the time being to run the shorter collar. Once the urx6 becomes available I’ll probably send both to PSD and have older one shimmed and newer one rail swapped, PSD has excellent service and that’s where one of my SR15 SBR’s and my can came from.

I absolutely love this little can, perfect for a fighting carbine imho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top