Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2021 1:47:06 AM EDT
I've got plenty of PCC style firearms in 9mm. Mp5, a 9mm AK, Scorpion Evo, Stribog, etc.

But i've always wanted something in 45 ACP. A grail gun for me for ages has been a UMP, but i've basically given up on that and decided to find a more realistically obtainable option.

What is there in the way of PCC type rifles in 45? I know of the LWRC 45, but it's ungodly pricy and impossible to find. I was eyeing something like a Kriss Vector, but don't know much about the platform. Any other big options i'm overlooking?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
CNC AR45 lower with a Macon Armory 8 inch DI upper.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The GHM45 or APC45 are other options.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If you like to DIY, CMMG has radial delayed blowback .45 barrel and bcg kits. I built one with an 8" barrel in an Aero XL upper and Angstadt Arms Glock lower, and it is a great suppressor host. The only down side is that parts are hard to find right now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you like to DIY, CMMG has radial delayed blowback .45 barrel and bcg kits. I built one with an 8" barrel in an Aero XL upper and Angstadt Arms Glock lower, and it is a great suppressor host. The only down side is that parts are hard to find right now.
View Quote
+1, I like the CMMG RDB.  I have them in 9mm / .40SW and .45ACP.

Some info on mine here: http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=841

I'm running mine in full auto with an MGI lower using unmodified GG mags as I didn't want to get a dedicated large frame Glock lower.  I have several friends running them with the CMMG lower as well as other lowers like the Bazooka Bro's GG lower.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
CX4’s were made in 45.  Low mag capacity but I like mine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#6]
UMP clone using the Omega Gideon Shadow upper.  You can put them together for about $1300 (not including mags).
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 45aarp blowback AR, UZI, and a tommy gun.  The UZI and the tommy gun are surprisingly easy to shoot accurately.  Even with their 100 and 50yr old sight designs, I can dump a whole 30 round mag pretty quickly into 1 ragged hole.

Hard to beat the AR for aftermarket support and customizations.  But then, it is "just another AR", which kinda gets boring.  It takes glock mags.  And you can build a 10mm upper and swap on and use the same lower.

The UZI, you get style points and a military pedigree.  The 45acp mags, pass on the promag ones.  The IMI ones get pricy.  Caliber changes and SBR are like 15 seconds.  

Tommy gun, you can go chicago typewriter or WW2 style on it.  Factory 20, 30, 50, and 100 round mags.  Factory VFG.  Factory hardwood furniture.  Some of the Auto Ordnance ones have feeding issues.  They can usually be resolved by polishing the feed ramp and adjusting how the mags seat.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2021 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
You could get a MPA10 and sbr it, grease gun mags.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I always answer these posts the same way.  Sorry frequent readers....

My CMMG MkG with 8" barrel has been perfect in size, weight, accuracy, portability, shootabliity (not sure if that's a word but I mean it to say soft shooting and with good repeatability) and for me, ammo flexibility.  45ACP is okay but it has its limits.  This platform is fine with 45 Super but to amp it up, you can go to 450SMC.  Up to 150 yards, this is essentially equal to 300BLK and less expensive.

This thing suppresses great too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
UMP clone using the Omega Gideon Shadow upper.  You can put them together for about $1300 (not including mags).
View Quote
This right here. You can. Easily convert from 45 to 9mm. I bought the upper receiver kit from Atlantic then a fbi lower.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#11]
OST
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
APC45 PRO is one of the funnest guns I own to shoot, the UMP (USC conversion) is not pleasant at all to shoot. If possible, I would try to get an APC45, the mags are ridiculous in price though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I was in the same boat.  I bought a Kriss vector in .45.  Always thought they were ugly.  I saw one at my local shop in alpine white and it went home with me.  Everyone wants to shoot it and all who do love it.  Only drawback is keeping it clean and white.  Very low recoil because of the design.  I like that because .45 seems to recoil more when suppressed.  Stupid accurate with just a MRO.  I have 2 buddies who want to buy it from me but I cant find another one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My CMMG MkG with 8" barrel has been perfect in size, weight, accuracy, portability, shootabliity (not sure if that's a word but I mean it to say soft shooting and with good repeatability) and for me, ammo flexibility.

This thing suppresses great too.
View Quote

I whole-heartedly agree. But there’s one downside and its HUGE; Customer support from CMMG is horrendous if it exists at all. Try calling or sending an email to CMMG tech support before you buy one. I’m dumbfounded at how a company like this can ignore users with problems or looking for help. Calls never get answered or returned, and I’ve been waiting weeks for an answer to an email about a problem.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#15]
My only .45 carbine is old school; Marlin Camp Carbine.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 CMMG

I wanted a UMP back in 2009 and if I could have gotten one then for the $1500 you can do now I would have done it twice and still saved money over the options at the time. However... while HK has great styling and the caliber conversion is cool in theory, it’s a big no from me after firing that gun in full auto 45ACP. It’s just bad. I would expect better performance with a 308 AR SBR than a UMP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#17]
You can get a BRP STG U45 in .45.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#18]
1911 mags.  Blowback reliability.  Handy size.  Not a black thing.  Three lug fast.  Accurate.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#19]
The HK USC would be great. I own 2 and a Gideon Shadow. I will say if you get a Shadow, do not use the gsg parts. I had issues. Failure to eject a d failure to feed. A lot had to do with the bolt dragging inside the receiver.  Get German parts and it runs better. But that’s just my experience, I will say, I have no issues with the USC’s. They run like like a sewing machine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]
GHM45, twice the gun of an USC for about half the price if you want the USC converted to double stack.  Only issue is the cost of the mags but they are well made.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I was going to suggest. If it's your grail gun, make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#22]
GHM45, $1700 from tarheel state firearms or atlantic, mags are expensive though.

Love mine.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Any others with experience? The thought of using a CMMG RDB 45 kit with a grease gun lower is tempting
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:28:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any others with experience? The thought of using a CMMG RDB 45 kit with a grease gun lower is tempting
View Quote

GG mags are borderline awful although handy if you need a blunt impact weapon...  There is a reason H&K & B&T went with 25 round mags.  Anything more is just overly long and heavy.

I would go with Glock 21 mags before GG.  The lone wolf ext get you to 15 rounds and you really don't need more than that is a semi auto, at least as a very reliable baseline option...

I already mentioned the GHM45 in this thread.  I love mine.  I had a UMP converted for use with GG mags.  The GHM45 is so much better built.  Also had MACs semi and full auto.  Both took GG mags so I know that mag more than I care to...
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

GG mags are borderline awful although handy if you need a blunt impact weapon...  There is a reason H&K & B&T went with 25 round mags.  Anything more is just overly long and heavy.

I would go with Glock 21 mags before GG.  The lone wolf ext get you to 15 rounds and you really don't need more than that is a semi auto, at least as a very reliable baseline option...

I already mentioned the GHM45 in this thread.  I love mine.  I had a UMP converted for use with GG mags.  The GHM45 is so much better built.  Also had MACs semi and full auto.  Both took GG mags so I know that mag more than I care to...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the feedback. The only downside with the B&T's are the mag prices. I'll have to wait until the next batch is imported. I'd like a 45 PCC though, and I'd prefer roller delayed although I've heard good things about the B&T's. Not a fan of glock mags as I don't have any.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was in the same boat.  I bought a Kriss vector in .45.  Always thought they were ugly.  I saw one at my local shop in alpine white and it went home with me.  Everyone wants to shoot it and all who do love it.  Only drawback is keeping it clean and white.  Very low recoil because of the design.  I like that because .45 seems to recoil more when suppressed.  Stupid accurate with just a MRO.  I have 2 buddies who want to buy it from me but I cant find another one.
View Quote
+1 for the Vector.

Might not be the greatest firearm ever created but it's something different and fun to shoot, especially with a can. It's always a favorite when I take people shooting.

Really though if the UMP is your grail gun you should just bite the bullet and make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
CX4’s were made in 45.  Low mag capacity but I like mine.
View Quote

My dad had one, he let me borrow it for a while.  It wasn't terrible.  Pretty low capacity for sure.  It was in this blue type color that looked pretty ridiculous.  Fairly significant muzzle rise.

I got a 8.5 inch .300 Blk a few years ago and haven't had a desire for .45 acp subguns since then.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I suggest that you buy a Model 1921 Thompson submachine gun.  There are reliable mags from 10 to 100 rounds.  Proven delayed blowback design.  Used by gangsters, law enforcement, and battle proven.  Several 21's are to be auctioned at the upcoming (May 14-16) Rock Island auction.
Best of luck with whatever you pursue.
MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
1911 mags.  Blowback reliability.  Handy size.  Not a black thing.  Three lug fast.  Accurate.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/110877/SBR_Camp__45___Three_lug__jpg-1885287.JPG
View Quote
Oh man that's slick. Camp 45s are now on my radar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top