Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 9:25:04 AM EDT
I know that Bullseye is roughly equivalent to M9 flake powder, is there a commercially available equivalent for M2 powder?  I realize that M2 is used in the MK19 40x53mm high velocity rounds, but it is also used in the M576 MP (buckshot) round for the M79/M203.

Also, does anyone have a clue as to what powder is used in the M1029 Crowd Dispersal (rubber buckshot) round, TM 43-0001-28 doesn’t list what it is, only the charge weight.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#1]
On a related note:  

M-26 powder:  what is the equivalent? (If any?)

M-26 was used in the U.S. 90mm recoilless rifle; was it used for any other rounds?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On a related note:  

M-26 powder:  what is the equivalent? (If any?)

M-26 was used in the U.S. 90mm recoilless rifle; was it used for any other rounds?
View Quote

I would doubt that there is an Off the shelf equivalent. You're likely going to need to talk to a someone who specializes is RR. And the only person who does that is Dangerous Bob
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know that Bullseye is roughly equivalent to M9 flake powder, is there a commercially available equivalent for M2 powder?  I realize that M2 is used in the MK19 40x53mm high velocity rounds, but it is also used in the M576 MP (buckshot) round for the M79/M203.
View Quote

Are there powders that maybe aren’t equivalent to m9, but will work in this time of the powder shortage for regular pressure 40mm chalk rounds?
I was told titegroup will work for the reloadableshells.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are there powders that maybe aren’t equivalent to m9, but will work in this time of the powder shortage for regular pressure 40mm chalk rounds?
I was told titegroup will work for the reloadableshells.
View Quote

People have used a few others. I was still able to find a pound of bullseye without trying too hard. And I won't go through that much for 40mm in a long time
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I use 5.7 gr of titegroup with a aluminum burst disc cut from the bottom of the soda can with a disc cutter for m781 reloads.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Unique works basically the same as Bullseye
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top