Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2023 2:57:06 PM EDT
I've been wanting a launcher for many years.  I have my eye on a 37mm and the company (allegedly) will sell a 40mm barrel after showing the form1 for a DD.  Arms Unlimited, BTW.

My question is, I want to utilize both barrels.  But with the receiver getting serialized, how does that work? I can't register it as a 40mm then just swap barrels.  I'm guessing I'll DD it in 40mm and use the legal flare stuff with the 37mm. Now what if the company flakes on the sale of the 40mm barrel? Do I contact the NFA and have the caliber changed to 37mm?

Kind of talking out loud, but I'm hoping someone was in a similar situation and would share their experience.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t see any reason you’d have an issue once you form 1’ed it. I’ll admit I don’t hear about it a lot because of how few DD’s we see compared to other NFA items but if I had a 40mm DD I’d think running the 37mm barrel would be fine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By keith13b:
I can't register it as a 40mm then just swap barrels.
View Quote
Yes you can.

It's that easy.
If you travel somewhere (interstate) with it and you've got the 37mm barrel attached, no anti-personnel munitions present, and the 40mm barrel still at home then you do not possess a DD at that time.

If it's got the 40mm barrel or anti-personnel munitions with it, then it's a DD.

Now what if the company flakes on the sale of the 40mm barrel?  Do I contact the NFA and have the caliber changed to 37mm?
View Quote
I'd try to find a 40mm barrel somewhere else since the 37mm barrel won't have rifling (which is a disadvantage).
If you don't want it to be a 37mm DD then you can cancel your Form 1 and request a refund of the $200 tax.

Otherwise, yes just send NFA Branch a letter stating you're updating caliber to 37mm.
This wouldn't really come into play unless you later transfer it as a DD to someone else. (Then it needs to match what's on the form.)
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing you're looking at the B&T GL06 as well? The rumor is 2nd quarter of 2023 is when they'll start releasing 40mm barrels. Haven't seen any confirmed sources though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jasonTTKA:
I'm guessing you're looking at the B&T GL06 as well? The rumor is 2nd quarter of 2023 is when they'll start releasing 40mm barrels. Haven't seen any confirmed sources though.
View Quote
Guilty  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By keith13b:
Guilty  
View Quote

Just sent their sales team an email asking about ETA and price on 40mm barrels. I'll post the response once received.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Just sent their sales team an email asking about ETA and price on 40mm barrels. I'll post the response once received.
View Quote
Awesome.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]
@keith13b

I've contacted B&T twice via email and have never gotten a response other than some generic bullshit about "we'll respond M-F".
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#8]
@keith13b

I've contacted B&T twice via email and have never gotten a response other than some generic bullshit about "we'll respond M-F".
View Quote
@jasonTTKA

Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]
@keith13b

Took them long enough to respond. Original email sent May 26th.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#10]
@jasonTTKA

Thanks for sharing.  Any news is better than no news.  

Thinking out loud, would one register their 37mm launcher as a 40mm DD, then buy the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
While it wouldn't really matter, I'd say yeah definitely register it as 40mm. You likely keep the 40mm barrel on most of the time anyway
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
While it wouldn't really matter, I'd say yeah definitely register it as 40mm. You likely keep the 40mm barrel on most of the time anyway
View Quote
Thanks for the reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top