Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 6:31:01 PM EDT
I just acquired a Winchester 351 WSL 1907 rifle. It came with about 70 live rounds, 15'ish cases, and a few mags.
Reading up on reloading for it there a few ways. Trim and size 556, use 357 maximum (which seems more labor intensive), or find new ammo or used brass.

Anyone reload for it and have any tips or places to buy components?

I did find a couple places with live ammo as well as a couple for bullets like THIS PLACE.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!  Now you need some of the French 10 round magazines and a SPAD S.XVI.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By grendelbane:
Very nice!  Now you need some of the French 10 round magazines and a SPAD S.XVI.
View Quote

Have a 10 round, don't have room for a plane
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My father in-law has the same rifle. It was his dad's. Not that he tried that hard but he couldn't find ammo for it. I found some reloads at the Tulsa gun show. We all shot a couple rounds through it in remembrance of grandpa. Like you said it can be done with 5.56
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are neat old guns.  I wish I'd bought one when you could get decent 1907's for a couple hundred bucks in the Gun List.

My friend's grandfather had a 1905 in 35WSL, and we found some 351WSL ammo in his store, but never got to shoot the 1905 due to a lack of ammo, and he never even had a 1907.

He knew what he had too.  Was just a hoarder who bought stuff like that.

But very cool guns.   I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I gave away 25 or so .351SL brass just yesterday. I picked them out of a batch of range pickup brass I was given.

Guy I gave them to acted like I gave him a gold bar, he was so happy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet he was happy!
I took the rifle apart and need to find or make a new buffer for it.

More details HERE .

If anyone has brass or dies I'd be interested!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top