Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2020 11:39:27 AM EDT
I hope I'm asking this in the right place.

My Brother in law has his grandfathers 60/70's Model revolver.  There isn't a maker on the gun,  But has "Texas Scout and Germany" on it.  The info I'm finding it was made by Herbert Schmidt or Hawes.

Can someone  point me in the right Direction to find a Hammer and ejector rod?  I seem to find a few with safeties, but the revolver is without a safety.  This is the only pic he sent me of the Hammer, if more is needed, I'll have him get more.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You've tried Numrich?  I think their warehouse is closed but you can place an order on their website.  No telling when NY will allow them to open.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting gun, according to wiki, the “Texas Scout” model came with a .45 LC cylinder & barrel, and a .22 cylinder and barrel insert.

Numerich lists parts, but hammers appear to be un-obtainium, no one lists them in stock. Bobs Gun Parts lists parts as well, hammers out of stock.

You may be able to get the ejector rod.

What’s wrong with the hammer?

ETA: you can buy one for under $200, so if heirloom preservation is worth it, you could just obtain a parts gun.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ebay, do a search on Hawes under sporting goods
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting gun, according to wiki, the “Texas Scout” model came with a .45 LC cylinder & barrel, and a .22 cylinder and barrel insert.

Numerich lists parts, but hammers appear to be un-obtainium, no one lists them in stock. Bobs Gun Parts lists parts as well, hammers out of stock.

You may be able to get the ejector rod.

What’s wrong with the hammer?

ETA: you can buy one for under $200, so if heirloom preservation is worth it, you could just obtain a parts gun.
View Quote

I'm finding the same thing, out of stock.  Numerich was my first look.  

I'm not sure whats wrong with it.  My Brother in law asked it i could locate one.

it is a heirloom piece I've pitched the idea of buying a parts gun.

Also it was built before the .22/45LC model.

I've searched Ebay for Hawes too.  But i was only finding the newer safety hammers.

Numerich and Ebay are always my first places to look, I figured if i keep looking ebay will have one up
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It may be a Rohm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this the gun?
texas scout
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I was going to suggest EBAY also. I needed a hammer for a Rugger single six, and bought a parts kit on EBAY and fixed it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the gun?
texas scout
View Quote

that maybe it, I'll pass the link to him.  thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
With the availability of cheap Ruger Wranglers and cheaper Heritage Rough Riders, I would hang that on the wall and not be chasing parts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top