Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2021 11:44:13 AM EDT
Have found some interest in doing our little east coast night shoot / demo again at the Thunder Valley Precision range on November 6, 2021. Last time (photos) we had a bunch of NV clip-ons and illuminators to compare and shoot out to 1000yd, and this time we'll be adding a bunch more thermal devices, thanks to Boris at Bering Optics. This was last year's thread.

Here's a little flyer to pass around if you know folks that would like to come out, and please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have a product you'd like to demo out there. I'll update this post once the list of vendors/suppliers is finalized. We'll have Vortex demo optics and filters and goggles from the guys at Low Light Innovations for sure.

This isn't a training event or something we're trying to raise funds at, just a group of like-minded folks getting to take advantage of the great facility and be able to shoot after dark to distance. Thunder Valley Precision is in Kimbolton, OH (map) - between Columbus and Pittsburgh.

Planning to kick things off at 4pm, and dinner is included in the $60 range fee. Sign up using this form online and either PP me your fee or bring it along in cash.

Hopefully this is relevant to this subforum due to the wide array of testing / demonstration we were able to do last time by side-by-siding a bunch of illuminators and NV clip-ons. Definitely trends more on the NV Nerd side of things rather than the Tactical InstaStar. Who knows, maybe we can do some Grey Man clothing and RDS transparency comparisons this time around.

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Links aren't working.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Links aren't working.
View Quote

Thanks, got that all fixed up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks super cool!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Some folks were asking about spending the night, and we were able to get some group rates at two hotels in nearby Cambridge OH. Just gotta tell them you're with the 2021 East Coast Night Shoot or use these links to book online and get the $69 rate:
Comfort Inn - 740-435-3200
https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/LI71F4
Sleep Inn & Suites - 740-435-0035
https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/YA09X4
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it okay to bring a normal sedan? I've got a Honda Accord that gets good gas mileage but last I remember some of the roads up to the higher hills at Rayner's Ranger you needed a truck to get to.

Also any idea of the round count? Based on the photo's this looks like an awesome event, really glad you put something like this together nice job!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it okay to bring a normal sedan? I've got a Honda Accord that gets good gas mileage but last I remember some of the roads up to the higher hills at Rayner's Ranger you needed a truck to get to.

Also any idea of the round count? Based on the photo's this looks like an awesome event, really glad you put something like this together nice job!
View Quote

Yeah there’s some dirt/gravel but last year it was real level and not rutted out or anything. Nothing too extreme for my 2wd work van. EDIT: definitely smoother than Rayner’s. There’s a big gravel parking lot where we’ll all be at, no big treks out to the shooting line. You can unload straight from your trunk to the covered benches.

As long as you’re suppressed, you can shoot all night. Could stay busy on the pistol/carbine bay and shoot as much as you want, or shift over to the benches and stretch to the 1000yd steel. We’ll have a few organized demos/shoots to slow down and all tune into, but for the most part it’s at your own discretion for how much you wanna blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top