Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 11:33:20 AM EDT
Ugh, 5 year wait for my Randall, I must keep telling myself it will be worth it.

Model 5
8"
Ivorite handle, border patrol shape
Double hilt brass

The crazy thing is I'm thinking about ordering another one soon too, lol.  Probably a Model 12 Sportsman Bowie since all the current one's for sale are $400 over list price.

Any one else waiting for theirs,  and if so,  whatcha waiting on?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my first Randall (A Model 14) back in 1982 or so and I believe that one took about a year to get delivered. Back in 2006, I ordered a Model 5 from the Randall shop and had to wait the full  five years for it. Around the same time I also picked up a Model 12-9 Bowie with the Model 14 blade grind from Nordic Knives in California and, as I recall, that one only took a couple of years to get delivered.

Lately I have been getting my Randall’s from one of the distributors, like Buxton and Capt. Stanaback, who have much shorter wait times. The Knives I got from Butxon were in stock (A Model 8 and a Model 15). The two knives I got from Stanaback (A Model 15 and a Model 26) took about seven months. Right now I am waiting on a Model 5 from Stanaback that I am hoping to receive within a month or two. I ordered it last February…
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought my first Randall (A Model 14) back in 1982 or so and I believe that one took about a year to get delivered. Back in 2006, I ordered a Model 5 from the Randall shop and had to wait the full  five years for it. Around the same time I also picked up a Model 12-9 Bowie with the Model 14 blade grind from Nordic Knives in California and, as I recall, that one only took a couple of years to get delivered.

Lately I have been getting my Randall’s from one of the distributors, like Buxton and Capt. Stanaback, who have much shorter wait times. The Knives I got from Butxon were in stock (A Model 8 and a Model 15). The two knives I got from Stanaback (A Model 15 and a Model 26) took about seven months. Right now I am waiting on a Model 5 from Stanaback that I am hoping to receive within a month or two. I ordered it last February…
View Quote
I did one "Full time" Randall order then got wise to distributors after I bumped into Wayne Buxton at my lgs.   I have since ordered 3 through him - typical wait has been about 6 months.   I highly recommend using them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
A 5 year wait for a $500 Bowie?

I’m a noob to the knife world but what’s so special about these?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A 5 year wait for a $500 Bowie?

I’m a noob to the knife world but what’s so special about these?
View Quote
I think the 5 year wait is what's so special about them.

They're a renowned hand forged knife maker that continues the to make their knives their way.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Aah, well to each their own, is each knife at least serialized or marked uniquely for each customer?
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I should pick my knife up from them early next month.  A model 5-6".
Looking forward to finally seeing it, holding it, and using it.
I can't remember if I ordered it 4 or 5 years ago, but doesn't really matter.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread needs some pics of Randall goodness!

Starting from the left:

12-9 Sportsman’s Bowie

15 with a CDT (Cut down tang), double brass hilt and leather handle

15 with a Single brass hilt and Green Micarta Border Patrol handle

26 Pathfinder

10-3 Salt Fisherman

This is my Model 8 Trout and Bird knife:

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a 12-9 for a little while. It was cool but meh. Sold it for $350 and don't regret it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ugh, 5 year wait for my Randall, I must keep telling myself it will be worth it.

Model 15
8"
Ivorite handle, border patrol shape
Double hilt brass

The crazy thing is I'm thinking about ordering another one soon too, lol.  Probably a Model 12 Sportsman Bowie since all the current one's for sale are $400 over list price.

Any one else waiting for theirs,  and if so,  whatcha waiting on?
View Quote
Wouldn't an 8" model 15 be a model 14? (I know they are listed as 7.5).
Isn't the only difference between a 14 and 15 the lengths?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wouldn't an 8" model 15 be a model 14? (I know they are listed as 7.5).
Isn't the only difference between a 14 and 15 the lengths?
View Quote
Oops, Model 5 in 8".
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top