Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2023 4:09:14 PM EDT
I am in the middle of building out a new belt. I am letting some experience guide me on this one, looking to build out a belt that firstly does what I need to do, but closely second to that is comfortable to wear for hours on end. With all that said, I have everything covered except for one thing: a mount for a QLS plate for my holster.

I currently use a Safariland high-ride mount in an Esstac belt. It works really well, but the curve in the mount digs into me when wearing, and after a couple hours/days it gets annoying.

I am not finding may other options for a high-rise, 2" belt mount. I would like to avoid dropping the holster, mostly because without a strap, running in that tends to bruise, and I do not enjoy the thigh hugs from leg straps.

Anybody used other options?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the true north adapter plate? Doesnt have the curve of the safariland mount, and is pretty customizable?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree that you should look at the True North adapter as I just received mine and have not had enough time to really test.

Also, I have been impressed at the qoreperformance.com offerings to both the belt and the holsters. They have  icevents panels to add comfort to hot spots.  Their prices are steep but they is the cost of innovation.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
UBL with Qore Performance pad works for me. Relieves the pressure, especially when sitting in a vehicle all day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UBL with Qore Performance pad works for me. Relieves the pressure, especially when sitting in a vehicle all day.
View Quote

Do you have a link to the Qore pad? cant find one, but am interested?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a safelife 2in belt w a high ride safariland 2in adapter and connected it with the new blade Tech tek mount.   I had been using a qls for years on my duty belt but it always had some slack in it.  The tek mount is awesome.  Locks up tight with 0 rattle.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all.

Anybody with a True North plate - what is the length?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you have a link to the Qore pad? cant find one, but am interested?
View Quote

This is the one. I have two of these, one of which gets worn full time. They both look brand new. Really helps in eliminating the hot spot the UBL can cause.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an HSGI padded belt combo that I use with a mid rise QLS. I think the base belt is 1.75, but 2 in should work in the slim padded liner. No issues with that set up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks all.

Anybody with a True North plate - what is the length?
View Quote

@RustyBadger27

And get the Qore pad. I don’t even notice the drop leg when it’s on. When I bought a TN plate for my fiancé’s belt it was one of the first things I ordered with it.

I do believe if you want to run a thigh strap you will need to order a separate part for that as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
@GuyKeefer

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is the one. I have two of these, one of which gets worn full time. They both look brand new. Really helps in eliminating the hot spot the UBL can cause.
View Quote

This place is always costing me money.  Just ordered a set of battle belt pads for my duty belt and the holster pad.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you. Worth the money I assume?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thank you. Worth the money I assume?
View Quote

It's pretty expensive for what it is but the comfort is well worth it. It made a huge difference on my duty holster where the bottom of the UBL would dig in when sitting in the car. I've had the same pad on the UBL for a year and it still looks new. Wish Qore made a pad for the belt side of the UBL as I don't really need the full hip pad system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top