Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2021 2:16:14 PM EDT
I bought this 1950 Marlin 336 RC "waffle-top" in .30-30 today. I gave a bit more for it ($475.00) than I should have considering it had been D&Ted but I just wanted it. Mostly it shows receiver were where it was carried.

At least the stock was not drilled for a sling swivel as most are.....Usually off-center or worse yet screwed into the bull's-eye hole.

Attachment Attached File

Marlin introduced the 336 in 1948 and up till 1952 milled the top to reduce glare, thus the name "waffle top". It was in 1952 when they started D&Ting the top of the receiver and eliminated the milling. I have a 1955 example in .35 Rem and it does not have the milling but is factory D&Ted.

Attachment Attached File

It had a Bushnell scope in a (spit) see-thru mount on it but since it still had the bead on the front sight (a minor miracle) I removed the scope and Weaver base, plugged the holes, and installed a Williams 5D I had on-hand. I also removed the rear sight and plugged it.

BTW.....The white spacers were added in 1951 and the pistol grip cap was added in 1957, along with a gold trigger.....Personally I much prefer the rifles without the spacers, cap, and gold trigger.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate myself for selling my 1980 336 in 35 Remington. One day I'll find another...
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice score.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
She's a beauty....
I want one in 35 rem
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's a beauty....
I want one in 35 rem
View Quote

Yeah me too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top