Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2018 3:36:01 PM EDT
I picked this one up today in trade for a Mosin refurb. It's in exceptionally nice shape and still in it's original WW-2 contract trim.

Contract date 08/31/1944-----Contract # W-19-059-ORD-1734-----13,200 made @ $14.65 each. Serial range 152,449-165,648

My serial 153999, is in the early part of that range.

Rack #75 on the right side of the stock.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me guess...$25 at a yard sale....

That is in really nice shape, they are great shooters! I had a real nice one, but ultimately it didn't speak to  me, so it went down the road...I wouldn't mind getting another one some time...
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me guess...$25 at a yard sale....

That is in really nice shape, they are great shooters! I had a real nice one, but ultimately it didn't speak to  me, so it went down the road...I wouldn't mind getting another one some time...
View Quote
Well I did find the Mosin I traded for it at the flea market for $75.00.

I've had other 44 US examples but never a really nice one in full WW-2 contract trim. They were always later or refurbed examples.

The only question I had about this one was the mag with the .22 short adapter in it. I don't think they were issued with it or if they were it was always removed. That said it looks exactly like some mags I already had so it might be original to the rifle. You just have to take it out to use .22 LR.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice. 
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i sold two of those last year.  I kept the mags
View Quote
They are the same mags the Mossberg 42 M-B Trainer uses.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one that is very accurate, if I do my part!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Mossberg 44US: A Cheaper Training Rifle for World War Two

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/mossberg-44us-a-cheaper-training-rifle-for-world-war-two/
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 of them from CMP . A blued one and a Parkerized one . Nice rifles. Wardawg
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks pretty nice. I've always wanted one. The only one I've come across was in pretty poor shape.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one that my grandfather had for years. I don't think it was the trainer. The blueing was degrading and my grandfather's name was etched in the bottom of the barrel. Since I don't plan to ever get rid of it, I'm making it my own by coating the barrel and action in order to protect the metal since I stripped the old blueing.

I can't find any aftermarket support, so I think I'll look into buying a stock blank and carving it out myself so I can refinish and keep the original parts for future use.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have one that my grandfather had for years. I don't think it was the trainer. The blueing was degrading and my grandfather's name was etched in the bottom of the barrel. Since I don't plan to ever get rid of it, I'm making it my own by coating the barrel and action in order to protect the metal since I stripped the old blueing.

I can't find any aftermarket support, so I think I'll look into buying a stock blank and carving it out myself so I can refinish and keep the original parts for future use.
View Quote
Just get the model number off the barrel and go to eBay, there are always vintage Mossberg stocks on there.

There is only two types (that matter) of 44 US stocks.....Single and double cut. Most are double cut with a "step" where the rear sight is. Single cut stocks were made for  Lyman rear sight but the secomd step can easily be made to fit the Mossberg S-100 rear sight.

There are a few on eBay now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stock-USGI-milsurp-Mossberg-Model-44US-FREE-SHIPPING/112789576689?hash=item1a42c85bf1:g:E1EAAOSw3q5aaOlx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top