Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but after local tax the rifle would be right back to that 880-900 range. So any of you boys getting them for that are doing well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bought the last one in stock at tooele - I'm reading conflicting reports in the thread on the full length rail - will it fit on the CST or just the shorter scout rail?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Talked to XS - The ML-6005R-N will work on any 1894 with a round barrel. You will need a higher front sight to get proper allignment.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I broke down and got the CST on a gunbroker auction for $850.  I'm going to get a boyds stock and the midwest industries railed handguard to trick it out a bit.  Probably a top rail too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The full rail fits, but full set comes with a different height front post (taller iirc, can probably measure that) and I suspect a different rear sight as well.

-
editing to protect the innocent. At this point do not think the Penn thunderheads are going to work with my rifle. They feed ok, and the AA#9 is super quite-but accuracy is non-existent at 100 yards.  Given time, I will try them in other 357 rifles, and other bullets in this rifle.

I highly suspect that slugging the barrel will tell me the problem as the Thunderheads are soft .357 and not offered oversized.
-
tried a quick and dirty slugging, but it was inconclusive.  Shot some jacketed bullets today and was on target.  Still need to tighten the group, but it was in the scoring rings at least.  Shot 357's today, do have some 358's but those will need a bit more work-too much taper for a 357 case.  Hope that a shorter 38 case will fit them better.  They are definitely not in the reloading books, but I am not too worried as AA#9 is tolerant of low charges and not wistanding a detonation, sub's are not high pressure loads.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Laid my lands on one today, very compact rifle. Fit and finish seemed well done, some small parts could be better done but overall I was impressed.

Has anyone shot one with a silencer yet?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Laid my lands on one today, very compact rifle. Fit and finish seemed well done, some small parts could be better done but overall I was impressed.

Has anyone shot one with a silencer yet?
View Quote
I've had mine for a week.  It's exceeded my expectations for sound quality with a can.  Accuracy is ok.  I've got a top rail and midwest industries handguard on order.  I'll probably get the laminated rear stock and add a microdot too.  So far it's my new favorite toy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked mine up last night, paid $785 on Gunbroker before shipping.  I had my 3-lug adapter ready to go, realized on the way home I have no coated 357 reloads, only hard cast lead. So no suppressed testing until my order gets here or I find my commercial ammo.

Really like it. Action is good, I’ll compare it side by side with a JM Marlin this weekend. Fit and finish look good.

I think I’m going to order the CSBL furniture from Remington. Boyd’s doesn’t offer a stock (foregrip only) and has no plans to (I emailed them this week). I think it’s about $160 for the full set.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a heads up on the x-rail. The 1894 does not play well with LaRue one piece mounts. The traditional forward mount puts the scope way to far forward. The neutral mount index's cause it to hit the peep unless it is mounted way forward.

Works with the 45/70 version.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think I’m going to order the CSBL furniture from Remington. Boyd’s doesn’t offer a stock (foregrip only) and has no plans to (I emailed them this week). I think it’s about $160 for the full set.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I am not familiar with CSBL. Tried to google, but didn't turn up anything. Can you educate me?

I would defiantly like the gun more if it had more robust furniture.

Quoted:

I've had mine for a week.  It's exceeded my expectations for sound quality with a can.  Accuracy is ok.  I've got a top rail and midwest industries handguard on order.  I'll probably get the laminated rear stock and add a microdot too.  So far it's my new favorite toy.
Would you attribute the ok accuracy to the rifle its self or the sights? The XS sights lean more on the speed side of things vs accuracy. I am looking at the Leupold 1-4/5's for this guy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am not familiar with CSBL. Tried to google, but didn't turn up anything. Can you educate me?

Would you attribute the ok accuracy to the rifle its self or the sights? The XS sights lean more on the speed side of things vs accuracy. I am looking at the Leupold 1-4/5's for this guy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've only shot with the peep sight standing at 25 yards on paper.  I was getting 2-3" groups.  Haven't gotten serious about testing yet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1894/model-1894-csbl

For some reason, they're quite a bit more expensive than the CST.  Since I got a relatively good deal on the rifle, I should hopefully be ahead once I buy that furniture versus just buying a CSBL and having it threaded.

I do prefer the factory sights on the CST to the Lever Rail.  The Lever Rail being Weaver pattern means mounting a red dot will be a little more complicated.  I'll probably pick up a pic rail mount from Ranger Point Precision so I can put one on my CST.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1894/model-1894-csbl

For some reason, they're quite a bit more expensive than the CST.  Since I got a relatively good deal on the rifle, I should hopefully be ahead once I buy that furniture versus just buying a CSBL and having it threaded.

I do prefer the factory sights on the CST to the Lever Rail.  The Lever Rail being Weaver pattern means mounting a red dot will be a little more complicated.  I'll probably pick up a pic rail mount from Ranger Point Precision so I can put one on my CST.
View Quote
From what I've seen the CST and CSBL are about the same price.  The CSBL comes with the better stock,in my opinion, and a top rail ($60).  Just the laminated rear stock is $133!  My understanding is that the top rail is also picatinny.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#15]
You boys stop bidding on the CST's on gun broker please.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Cst has a bead blasted finish, bed liner painted stock, and a x-sight, the other has a bright finish, laminate stock, and an X-rail.  While I kind of understand the thinking, the only thing really nicer on the cst is the treads.

Accuracy with jacketed bullets was 100% expected and acceptable.  About 2" at 100 yards.  The Thunderheads did not shoot well at all, not minute of feed bag at 100 yards.  AA#9 subs were close to Hollywood quiet. Pleas correct my poor spelling, but a perfect shwack.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Apparently you guys weren't bidding Sunday night, I got a decent deal on GB... $847.10 all told, then I'll have a $20 transfer.

Got to looking through my reloading schtuff and realized I have basically nothing in the way of proper components.

I have a bunch of .356" 147 gr. 9mm plated concave base bullets... I'm making a wild assumption that they will engage the rifling well enough for my purposes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I can’t find any under 950! Dang it!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top