Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2021 8:06:51 PM EDT
Pretty disappointed in my 15/22 sport. It’s the new version with mlok rail. Initial range session multiple failures to eject causing a stove pipe.  
Figured it needed some break in and a good cleaning. Stripped it down, lubed it well with cherry balmz and tried again using a variety of ammo. Still the same shit, multiple failures per mag until it gets to about 10 rounds and then it runs them fine.

Any ideas? The ejector looks like it’s close but not touching the bolt and I’m careful to load the mags only one round at a time and keeping tension on the rounds.

Went and fired 175 rounds today after I tweaked the extractor a little bit. Had probably 5 fail to ejects which isn’t terrible considering the ammo felt pretty weak out of the rifle and my Glock 44

Update 6-18

Installed the VQ extractor and fired 250 rounds of a mix of 38gr HP Federal bulk, and CCI mini mag solids. I had one fail to fire with the fed one fail to feed with the fed and zero fails to extract! I may buy the fire starter firing pin but overall I don’t think I could ask for more from the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What ammo?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have tried multiple brands/ weights/ velocities of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd call S&W then.  Me, a buddy, and my brother all have the 15-22 Sport, and we shoot them regularly...me in particular. I have put probably 2-3k rounds through it and I honestly can't remember a single failure ever.

I only shoot Federal Bulk pack, CCI SV, CCI Suppressor, and CCI Blazer. I may have shot 50-100 rounds of Aguila Interceptors through it as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]
This happened to me and I replaced the extractor and plunger with these and now it runs like a top.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020970311

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/996

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I went ahead and ordered the VQ extractor. I adjusted my ejector as well it was sitting low so I tightened the gap up. I had one of the first gen 15-22 with quad rail that ran thousands of rounds with very few issues so hopefully I can get this one to run as reliably.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same issue with the new pistol version, running hotter ammo made it run much better. CCI AR Tactical and Mini-Mags ran great, it didn't care for Standard Velocity.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I would really like if this would run standard velocity since I have a suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#8]
New extractor and for sure close the gap between the extractor and bolt and that should get it running 100%
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top