Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2022 4:15:18 PM EDT
Don't know much about 11-87s and got a Police Magnum trade-in SBS awhile back, and just wanted to know which parts I should look at getting as spares or replacing as worn. Like most PD trade-in's, it looks like it was carried more than shot. Already replaced the buttpad, which was looking pretty chewed-up.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Those pesky o-rings. $20 for a pack of three should last a long time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the barrel, specifically around the collar portion that fits over the mag tube.  They are brazed on and had a tendency to crack in that area.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoubleTaps] [#3]
Another vote for orings.

triton (I think) are the ones that don't swell as bad  as rubber.

yep..

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I can get a bag of 50 #21 Viton o-rings for $10, or I can get Remington graphite-coated ones, 4 for $10. I don’t know if they are Viton.

I’m sure I’ll never need 50, but I hate over paying. Do I need the graphite?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:56:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kc3:
I can get a bag of 50 #21 Viton o-rings for $10, or I can get Remington graphite-coated ones, 4 for $10. I don’t know if they are Viton.

I’m sure I’ll never need 50, but I hate over paying. Do I need the graphite?
View Quote

No, the Viton O-rings are the ones.   They are superior to the plain rubber ones.

Would never hurt to have a few spare bolt levers - (they pull in and out and can get "misplaced / lost").

Extractor & Extractor Spring would be nice too.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Check the extractor.  Mine just broke and you can't find them anywhere.  My gunsmith told me to part out my shotgun since you can't find parts.  Called Remington yesterday and they don't carry extractors either.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TNZ71:
Those pesky o-rings. $20 for a pack of three should last a long time.
View Quote

This. But I just took it down to Ace Hardware and bought a dozen...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Forget 50spend $3 more and get 100.  Break then into groups of 10 and put them in different places so you'll at least be able to find some when the time comes.

https://i.postimg.cc/8k9j6nD5/09615-D5-E-7-E4-B-46-F8-82-BE-CEEAC145410-A.jpg
View Quote
Yep, we used to get them for the gun shop and made a killing on the mark-up during duck season.

Check/replace the piston assembly. Use the nickel-plated snap-together modern one.

If there's significant carbon buildup on the mag tube where the piston sits, you may need to wire wheel it to remove that.

Sometimes 0000 steel wool is all you'll need however. Wipe off the debris from the steel wool with an oily rag.

Check the link. Those can develop cracks along the wishbone area where the forks meet.

Check or replace the recoil spring.

Ensure every part of the stock assembly is bolted tightly when you reassemble.

If the chamber has significant fouling from the shells, you may need to polish it

Use a 20ga. bore brush and wrap ScotchBrite or 0000 steel wool around it (in the appropriate direction so it won't unwrap) and go in with a cleaning rod section on a cordless drill and polish up to the front of the chamber, then clean the barrel as usual.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By moreammoplz:
Check the extractor.  Mine just broke and you can't find them anywhere.  My gunsmith told me to part out my shotgun since you can't find parts.  Called Remington yesterday and they don't carry extractors either.
View Quote

Wow, that kinda sucks. Guess I'll hold onto my Mossberg jungle gun for when this one shits the bed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got an email from Volquartsen that they are working on a 11-87 extractor for release in the "near future."
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't hurt to get a spare recoil spring. Even if it hasn't been shot much, it's a good part to have on hand.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kc3:
Just got an email from Volquartsen that they are working on a 11-87 extractor for release in the "near future."
View Quote

Exact Edge Extractor

I don’t have an 11-87, but I figured I would drop this here
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ll say thank you for that link.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, thanks for that. I checked the website not too long ago and didn’t see it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:

Exact Edge Extractor

I don’t have an 11-87, but I figured I would drop this here
View Quote

Thanks, just ordered one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top